hatipovic
Local time: 17:31
German to Bosnian
+ ...
Dec 2, 2007

Hello,
please take a look at this pic:
http://halfprice.habra.com/Mirza/Bugs/image.jpg

I always have to distort tables when working with Trados because I cant see both
lang pairs.

Is there any way I can work better with this?

Regards,
Mirza

Boris Kimel
Boris Kimel  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 18:31
English to Russian
+ ...
No better way Dec 2, 2007

You could use TagEditor to translate Word files. Still you will need to adjust the layout afterwards.

It's originally a bad idea to do layout (a) with tables and (b) in Word. Word's text frames (or whatever they call them in recent versions) are even worse.

When dealing with tables the first action is to unset the row height to be able to see everything.

hatipovic
hatipovic
German to Bosnian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER

"unset the row height" - how is that done?

Boris Kimel
Boris Kimel  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 18:31
English to Russian
+ ...
Row heights Dec 2, 2007

1. Table > Select > Table (to select an entire table).
2. Table > Properties, select the "Row" tab and uncheck (completely clear) the "Height" checkbox.

The height will be adjusted automatically and you will see all the text in the cell. But the layout will be lost.

Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
Use TagEditor Dec 3, 2007

Boris Kimel wrote:

You could use TagEditor to translate Word files. Still you will need to adjust the layout afterwards.

It's originally a bad idea to do layout (a) with tables and (b) in Word. Word's text frames (or whatever they call them in recent versions) are even worse.

When dealing with tables the first action is to unset the row height to be able to see everything.

Hi Mirza,

I strongly agree with Boris, for your kind of document, TE is a much better tool to use....

/Jan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados in tables always hidden

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »