Mobile menu

Workbench doesn't see updated entries
Thread poster: Nesrin

Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:20
English to Arabic
+ ...
Dec 3, 2007

I've just received the final proofread version of a translation I had submitted to a client, so I went ahead and aligned the new version with the source text, and imported the alignment project into the TM.
However whenever I open a segment that had been corrected, I still get the old translation rather than the new one.
I tried importing it several times, with different options clicked: "Merge", "Keep most recent" and "overwrite", but I still keep getting the old translation. What could I be doing wrong?

(Please let me know if anything is unclear - I find it a bit hard to use proper Trados terminology sometimes).


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:20
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
PS Dec 3, 2007

By the way, I can see that a similar problem was posted before http://www.proz.com/post/683689
But I'm not sure the suggestion in the final post is relevant. I'll try it anyway but if someone has a different suggestion, I'll be happy to hear it. Thanks.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Buck
Netherlands
Local time: 20:20
Member (2007)
Dutch to English
Reorganise Dec 3, 2007

Hi. Have you tried reorganising the TM AFTER you have imported it?

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:20
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hasn't worked Dec 3, 2007

That hasn't worked either.
The file isn't so big, so I'm just retranslating it with Trados at the moment to make sure all the new stuff is in, which is a bit time-consuming, but better than nothing.

Thanks anyway!


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Steven Capsuto  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:20
Spanish to English
+ ...
Solution Dec 3, 2007

I asked the same question last week. The solution is to change the configuration of Workbench to reduce the "alignment penalty" to zero.

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:20
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Dec 3, 2007

Thanks Steven! I'm sorry I didn't see your thread before.

I'll have to try this method out on another document, as I've already "retranslated" the file using the proofread file, which took me a while!
It's good to know that there's something I can do when that happens again.


Steven Capsuto wrote:

I asked the same question last week. The solution is to change the configuration of Workbench to reduce the "alignment penalty" to zero.


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Workbench doesn't see updated entries

Advanced search


Translation news related to SDL Trados





Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »



All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs