Lenguamundo  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:42
Member (2007)
Spanish to Urdu
+ ...
Dec 3, 2007

Hi,
One of my new clients send me an itd wile to work. I downloaded the Lite version of SDL but couldn't open the file. The error was simply incompatibility of version. Any idea about?
Please give me any suggestion. As I have no experience with SDLX.
O let me know how to work this file in trados.
Thanks.
Abdul

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-12-04 06:23]

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Might be possible with Trados Dec 4, 2007

saboor wrote:

Hi,
One of my new clients send me an itd wile to work. I downloaded the Lite version of SDL but couldn't open the file. The error was simply incompatibility of version. Any idea about?
Please give me any suggestion. As I have no experience with SDLX.
O let me know how to work this file in trados.
Thanks.
Abdul

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-12-04 06:23]

If you have Trados 7.1 or 7.5, then it should be possible to open the ITD file in TagEditor and translate it.

Regards,

Piotr

Lenguamundo
Spain
Member (2007)
Spanish to Urdu
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trados! Dec 4, 2007

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.

I have Trados 7.0.
Any other suggestion?
Is there any possibility to work it in SDL Lite version?

Regards.

Laetitia May
Laetitia May
France
English to French
+ ...
Depends on the version of SDLX used to create the ITD file Dec 4, 2007

Hi,
I have had this problem before. I think the problem comes from the version of SDLX that was used to create the ITD file. The SDL website says that SDLX lite can only be used with ITD files created in SDLX Elite. So SDLX Lite can only be used if you work for an agency that uses SDLX Elite.
I agree with Piotr. With some versions of Trados you can translate ITD files in TagEditor.
Otherwise, can you ask to have the file in its original format? Then maybe you would be able to
... See more
Hi,
I have had this problem before. I think the problem comes from the version of SDLX that was used to create the ITD file. The SDL website says that SDLX lite can only be used with ITD files created in SDLX Elite. So SDLX Lite can only be used if you work for an agency that uses SDLX Elite.
I agree with Piotr. With some versions of Trados you can translate ITD files in TagEditor.
Otherwise, can you ask to have the file in its original format? Then maybe you would be able to work in Trados.
Good luck,
Laetitia
Collapse

Lenguamundo
Spain
Member (2007)
Spanish to Urdu
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! I will ask my client about this. Dec 14, 2007

Laetitia May wrote:

Hi,
Otherwise, can you ask to have the file in its original format? Then maybe you would be able to work in Trados.
Good luck,
Laetitia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot open ITD file in SDLX Lite

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »