Cleaning XML files translated in Tageditor
Thread poster: Elvana Moore

Elvana Moore  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:10
English to Albanian
+ ...
Dec 3, 2007

I translated a XML file with Tageditor and cleaned it with workbench. However, when I re-open the file it has not been cleaned. The workbenchis is telling me the the TM is updated and the file cleaned. What am I doing wrong? Thanks to anyone that has a bit of time and knowledge to spare.

Direct link Reply with quote

Stefan Keller  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:10
English to German
TTX or XML? Dec 3, 2007

Elvana Moore wrote:

However, when I re-open the file it has not been cleaned.

Are you sure that the file you re-open is actually the XML file and not accidentally the TTX? The latter will remain bilingual even after clean-up.

Regards,
Stefan

Elvana Moore  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:10
English to Albanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Just checked again - it is the xml file Dec 3, 2007

Elvana Moore wrote:

I translated a XML file with Tageditor and cleaned it with workbench. However, when I re-open the file it has not been cleaned. The workbenchis is telling me the the TM is updated and the file cleaned. What am I doing wrong? Thanks to anyone that has a bit of time and knowledge to spare.

Just checked again and it is the XML file that I am trying to clean. Thanks for the suggestion. Regards

Stefan Keller  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:10
English to German
Strange Dec 3, 2007

Elvana Moore wrote:
Just checked again and it is the XML file that I am trying to clean. Thanks for the suggestion. Regards

Aren't you supposed to clean the TTX file? The result will be a clean target XML then. How can you "clean" an XML? You can only clean bilingual files, and unless I'm terribly wrong, the only bilingual file in an XML/TagEditor workflow is the TTX file.

Confused,
Stefan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cleaning XML files translated in Tageditor

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs