Cleaning XML files translated in Tageditor
Thread poster: Elvana Moore

Elvana Moore  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:49
Member
English to Albanian
+ ...
Dec 3, 2007

I translated a XML file with Tageditor and cleaned it with workbench. However, when I re-open the file it has not been cleaned. The workbenchis is telling me the the TM is updated and the file cleaned. What am I doing wrong? Thanks to anyone that has a bit of time and knowledge to spare.

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Stefan Keller  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:49
English to German
TTX or XML? Dec 3, 2007

Elvana Moore wrote:

However, when I re-open the file it has not been cleaned.



Are you sure that the file you re-open is actually the XML file and not accidentally the TTX? The latter will remain bilingual even after clean-up.

Regards,
Stefan


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Elvana Moore  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:49
Member
English to Albanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Just checked again - it is the xml file Dec 3, 2007

Elvana Moore wrote:

I translated a XML file with Tageditor and cleaned it with workbench. However, when I re-open the file it has not been cleaned. The workbenchis is telling me the the TM is updated and the file cleaned. What am I doing wrong? Thanks to anyone that has a bit of time and knowledge to spare.


Just checked again and it is the XML file that I am trying to clean. Thanks for the suggestion. Regards


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Stefan Keller  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:49
English to German
Strange Dec 3, 2007

Elvana Moore wrote:
Just checked again and it is the XML file that I am trying to clean. Thanks for the suggestion. Regards


Aren't you supposed to clean the TTX file? The result will be a clean target XML then. How can you "clean" an XML? You can only clean bilingual files, and unless I'm terribly wrong, the only bilingual file in an XML/TagEditor workflow is the TTX file.

Confused,
Stefan


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cleaning XML files translated in Tageditor

Advanced search







WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums