Pamela Brizzola
Pamela Brizzola
Italy
Local time: 17:39
English to Italian
+ ...
Dec 6, 2007

Dear colleagues
I've posted this question on the DVX list and got some good support which, however, could not help me solve the problem, since it is probably more related to Power Point than Deja Vu X.

I'll submit the same question here:

I receive Power Point 2003 files from a client, I segment them with
TagEditor, translate them in Deja Vu X, then export back to TagEditor.
From here I recovert to Power Point by selecting "Save target as".
Here c
... See more
Dear colleagues
I've posted this question on the DVX list and got some good support which, however, could not help me solve the problem, since it is probably more related to Power Point than Deja Vu X.

I'll submit the same question here:

Here comes the problem: I've just moved to WS Office 2007 and the
conversion doesn't work. It always worked fine with WS Office 2003.
So, I suppose it is because the original PP file is in 2003, while the one
I create from TagEditor is in 2007.

I'd like to explain that I start segmenting PP files in TagEditor instead of opening them directly in DVX since I feel that Trados segmentation works good for DVX as well, and all notes and hidden text are segmented perfectly.

Can you think of any incompatibility which prevents me from re-creating the Power Point file?

If anything is unclear in this explanation, I do ask you to kindly point it out.

Thanks in advance
Pamela
Collapse

Wolfgang Jörissen
Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Belize
Dutch to German
+ ...
Probably a matter of waiting... Dec 7, 2007

until SDL Trados releases an update that can deal with MS Office 2007 (or am I not up to date?). Meanwhile, I would suggest you would export to External View using the Trados RTF option, if the client requires an uncleaned file. But please share with us why you prefer the TE segmentation to the DVX segmentation!

Pamela Brizzola
Pamela Brizzola
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
A matter of personal history Dec 7, 2007

Dear Wolfgang
I think I'll revert to MS Office 2003 until SDL comes up with a compatility solution.

I prefer the TE route since I've used it for a lot of time before switching to DVX. This allows me to update both Trados and DVX TMs very easily. These files have a lot of notes and I knew that DVX would sometimes "jump" them. This bug might have been fixed by now, though.

Regards
Pamela

Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
Questions... Dec 11, 2007

Easytrad di Pamela Brizzola wrote:
Here comes the problem: I've just moved to WS Office 2007 and the
conversion doesn't work. It always worked fine with WS Office 2003.
So, I suppose it is because the original PP file is in 2003, while the one
I create from TagEditor is in 2007.

Hi Pamela,

Your story has a few gaps.
First: which version of Trados are you running? For it to interact with Office 2007, you should have 8.0 with the latest service pack.

Second: It doesn't make sense that a 2003 file that you open and save in TagEditor suddenly becomes a 2007 file, just because Office 2007 happens to co-reside on your computer. How do you know that the resulting file is of 2007 format? Does it have the PPTX extension (unlike the legacy PPT extension that your original file had)?

Third: exactly what error message do you get, from which program, and when in the process?

/Jan

Pamela Brizzola
Pamela Brizzola
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Using SDL Trados 2007, ver 8.0 Dec 11, 2007

Hi Jan
thanks for your answer.

I had recently upgraded to SDL Trados 2007 ver 8.0, but it didn't work either.
I didn't know I have to download any patch. Do I have to do it?
Maybe it was because of this Patch missing!

I'm speaking of incompatibility because the same procedure (TagEditor >Power Point 2003) worked perfectly in the past. The only change was passing to Office 2007. This I did before upgrading to SDL Trados 2007.

I don't
... See more
Hi Jan
thanks for your answer.

I had recently upgraded to SDL Trados 2007 ver 8.0, but it didn't work either.
I didn't know I have to download any patch. Do I have to do it?
Maybe it was because of this Patch missing!

I'm speaking of incompatibility because the same procedure (TagEditor >Power Point 2003) worked perfectly in the past. The only change was passing to Office 2007. This I did before upgrading to SDL Trados 2007.

I don't actually recall the exact message text, since I reverted to Office 2003 very soon because I had to have my translation procedures work timely.
However, I've bought the MS Office 2007 licence, so I'll be able to use it when I please.

Pamela
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Incompatibility between PowerPoint versions + TagEditor

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »