Mobile menu

TagEditor freezes when I open a document
Thread poster: Tina Ferrari

Tina Ferrari
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
Dec 16, 2007

And it's not even a large document... ! (it's an rtf by the way) It freezes up and freezes my whole computer, to the point that I just have to turn it off.
I've uninstalled Trados and I'm about to reinstall it to see if I can just start over. It's all I can think of for now...
Anyone ever had that happen? What did you find worked out? Any tricks to not having it freeze?

Direct link Reply with quote

Tina Ferrari
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Update Dec 16, 2007

I have reinstalled and still the same problem. Bleh.

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:23
English to German
+ ...
More details, please Dec 16, 2007

Hi Tina,
Please provide the info requested when posting a new topic in this forum:

When asking for help, make sure that you:
# indicate the file format(s) involved
# specify each software package that is relevant to your posting, identifying the version with the *full* version number
# describe the step(s) or process(es) which have triggered the problem.
This will help others to help you.

What kind of RTF file are you trying to open?

Best regards,
Ralf

xxxOlaf
English to German
Try re-saving the RTF file Dec 16, 2007

If it's a simple RTF document try re-saving it under a different name and a different file format e.g. doc or docx and then save it back as an .rtf file. You could also try opening it with Wordpad and save it under a different file name.

Olaf

Radek Ptak
Local time: 17:23
English to Polish
you can... Dec 17, 2007

You can try DOC-based processing. Just save your RTF as DOC and then drag into TE.

Radek

Raider2294  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 12:23
French to English
+ ...
It's catching Apr 1, 2008

Mine froze in the middle of an Excel translation. Wouldn't do anything after. I rebooted and still not working. Trados is a piece of garbage. I am seriously considering cancelling my ProZ subscription for supporting this software. I am losing clients and money.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Try this... Apr 1, 2008

Hey guys,

Please can you uninstall all versions of SDL Trados and uninstall all versions of .NET and also remove any Trados related registry entries.

Now re-install SDL Trados and see if the error has been fixed.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor freezes when I open a document

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs