Trados 6.5 - diacritics problem with Czech
Thread poster: Lubomir Moudry

Lubomir Moudry  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 04:50
English to Czech
+ ...
Dec 17, 2007

When I translate in Trados (6.5) and set the Czech language as the target language, there is a problem with the diacritics (acute accent, ring, caron): when I type a Czech translation into the target segment, the diacritics are proper. When I confirm (Set/Close Next Open/Get or Alt+Num+), the diacritics change producing characters that are not used in Czech, such as Pøedchùdce . The same is with ttx files.
How can I eliminate the problem? I followed the relevant "Help" items, even checked the box saying "I will use the target font selected as default". I believe this may also be a problem for others than the Czech ones. Surely there will some input around the forum, so do not beat me on my back if I missed it...

Thanks to all of you.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-12-18 00:55]

Direct link Reply with quote

Sumana U
German to English
+ ...
set font Dec 18, 2007

Dear Lubomir Moudry,

I think, your problem is related with fonts. Please set the fonts in Translator's Workbench.

Nice Day!

Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Characters in Eastern European languages are not displayed correctly Dec 18, 2007

Try the following solution from the SDL Support pages:
http://sdl.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/sdl.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=872

Lubomir Moudry  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Resolved! Apr 1, 2010

Sorry for the delay and thanks everyone! It was resolved by upgrading.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 6.5 - diacritics problem with Czech

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs