https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/92351-exporting_context_sentences_with_validated_terms.html

Exporting context sentences with validated terms
Thread poster: Ana Ramirez
Ana Ramirez
Ana Ramirez  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:52
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 19, 2007

I run a monolingual (English) term extraction project. I have validated the terms and a context sentence for each term. Now I am in the process of exporting the validated terms and the context sentences as a tab-delimited document. However, I have not been able to define a filter that will export the validated terms with the associated context sentence. I always get a document with the validated terms only. Does anybody know how to create such a filter? Thanks a lot Ana

Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 20:52
English to Swedish
+ ...
Program/version Dec 19, 2007

Hi Ana,

What tool and version are you working in? Can you describe the modus operandi you tried so far?!

/Jan

[Edited at 2007-12-19 14:24]

Ana Ramirez
Ana Ramirez  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:52
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Version and modus operandi Dec 19, 2007

Hi Jan,

Thank you for your response!

I am working with Multiterm extract 7.5

I opened the export wizard. I clicked on new filter. I defined the new filter to export validated terms only. Here is where I am stock. I do not find a way within the filter definition wizard to be able to specify that I want to export the context sentence as well. I tried manually adding "context sentence" as a field but it did not work. It will export only the bare list of terms.
... See more
Hi Jan,

I opened the export wizard. I clicked on new filter. I defined the new filter to export validated terms only. Here is where I am stock. I do not find a way within the filter definition wizard to be able to specify that I want to export the context sentence as well. I tried manually adding "context sentence" as a field but it did not work. It will export only the bare list of terms. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ana
Collapse

Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 20:52
English to Swedish
+ ...
Repost Jan 2, 2008

Ana Ramirez wrote:

Hi Jan,

I opened the export wizard. I clicked on new filter. I defined the new filter to export validated terms only. Here is where I am stock. I do not find a way within the filter definition wizard to be able to specify that I want to export the context sentence as well. I tried manually adding "context sentence" as a field but it did not work. It will export only the bare list of terms. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ana

Hi Ana,

Sorry, I'm a total newbie with this tool.

Maybe you should repost your question and make sure to mention Multiterm Extract 7.5 in the subject header. Some users won't open your post unless they know which tool you're talking about...

/Jan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Exporting context sentences with validated terms

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »