Mobile menu

Tag handling in TagEditor
Thread poster: Alessandro Cattelan
Alessandro Cattelan
Local time: 21:42
English to Italian
+ ...
Dec 20, 2007

I don't have much experience with TagEditor so I thought I'd better get some advice before corrupting a translated file. I was wondering what the [angular bracket]\h[angular bracket] tag is and how to handle it. I don't understand what it is because I often find it in the middle of a word (see example below) and it doesn't seem to alter the text in any way (I've checked a PDF version of the file I'm working on).
Can anyone shed some light on this?

Do not use in the presence of flam [angular bracket]\h[angular bracket]ma[angular bracket]\h[angular bracket]ble or combustible materials; fire or ex[angular bracket]\h[angular bracket]plo[angular bracket]\h[angular bracket]sion may result.

[Edited at 2007-12-20 21:49]

[Edited at 2007-12-20 21:50]

Direct link Reply with quote
Stefan de Boeck  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:42
English to Dutch
+ ...
soft hyphen Dec 21, 2007

It's a soft hyphen, inserted at split points within a word.
You might translate "ex-plo-sion" as "es-plo-sione". If it doesn't fit in a (justified) line, the word will wrap --or be split-- at any of these points.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag handling in TagEditor

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs