Thread poster: Jussi Rosti

Jussi Rosti  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 13:03
Member (2005)
English to Finnish
+ ...
Dec 21, 2007

I cannot convet xls/txt files, since already in phase 3 (choose the input format) the software throws an unhandled exception "An entry with the same key exists".

I'm so happy this 2007 ends soon...

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxOptiproz Pri
Local time: 12:03
English
SelfRegister.bat Dec 21, 2007

Hi

If you have enough rights you can run the selfregister.bat under:
Please go to C:\Programme\SDL International\MultiTerm 2007 and run the "#_SelfRegister_Desktop.bat" and also the "#_SelfRegister_not_silent_Desktop.bat"

Here are 3 ways, for Windows Vista users, if you have not enough rights running the selfregister.bat directly:

Run selfregister.bat as Administrator:
When you are in the Multi Term folder under C:\Programme\SDL International\MultiTerm 2007 do a right click on the "#_SelfRegister_Desktop.bat" and choose "Run as Administrator" and also do this with the "#_SelfRegister_not_silent_Desktop.bat"

Deactivate User Account Control and run selfregister.bat:
Under Vista goto "Computer" with a right click, then choose "Manage" , go to "local users and groups" -> "User" and double click on "Administrator" - is the "Account deactivated" ticked? If yes, please untick the User account control and try the register function under Computer-->Local Disk-->Program Files--> SDL International-->Multi Term 2007 again.

If you have Windows Vista Home Basic:
Goto the Control Panel. Type "UAC" into the search bar at the top of the screen and you'll see the "User Accounts" Icon. Now please turn off the User Account Control and try to run the BAT file under C:\Programme\SDL International\MultiTerm 2007 and run the "#_SelfRegister_Desktop.bat" and also the "#_SelfRegister_not_silent_Desktop.bat"
again.

Cheers
Richard

Jussi Rosti  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 13:03
Member (2005)
English to Finnish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you so much! Dec 27, 2007

Rykardo wrote:

Hi

Please go to C:\Programme\SDL International\MultiTerm 2007 and run the "#_SelfRegister_Desktop.bat" and also the "#_SelfRegister_not_silent_Desktop.bat"

The first one I managed to run succesfully, but the second one is complaining that it can't find the MultiTermHTMLControl.dll (other registrations went ok).

But who cares!!!

It works now!

Thank you and a Happy New Year!

nobus
Local time: 20:03
Japanese to English
Another solution Feb 17, 2008

Hi, I encountered the same problem probably because I had accidentally installed MultiTerm BEFORE Trados, when you are supposed to install it AFTER Trados.

Accordingly, I fixed the problem by uninstalling and then reinstalling MultiTerm.
I guess this may take longer, but may be easier for some people.

Lutz Molderings  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
still not working May 4, 2008

Still not working for me unfortunately.
Any other ideas?

Thank you.

Rykardo wrote:

Hi

Here are 3 ways, for Windows Vista users, if you have not enough rights running the selfregister.bat directly:

Run selfregister.bat as Administrator:
When you are in the Multi Term folder under C:\Programme\SDL International\MultiTerm 2007 do a right click on the "#_SelfRegister_Desktop.bat" and choose "Run as Administrator" and also do this with the "#_SelfRegister_not_silent_Desktop.bat"

Deactivate User Account Control and run selfregister.bat:
Under Vista goto "Computer" with a right click, then choose "Manage" , go to "local users and groups" -> "User" and double click on "Administrator" - is the "Account deactivated" ticked? If yes, please untick the User account control and try the register function under Computer-->Local Disk-->Program Files--> SDL International-->Multi Term 2007 again.

If you have Windows Vista Home Basic:
Goto the Control Panel. Type "UAC" into the search bar at the top of the screen and you'll see the "User Accounts" Icon. Now please turn off the User Account Control and try to run the BAT file under C:\Programme\SDL International\MultiTerm 2007 and run the "#_SelfRegister_Desktop.bat" and also the "#_SelfRegister_not_silent_Desktop.bat"
again.

Cheers
Richard

xxxOptiproz Pri
English
more detailes Jul 22, 2008

Lutz Molderings wrote:

Still not working for me unfortunately.
Any other ideas?

Thank you.

What error do you get exactly and what are you trying to do?
I mean what are you trying to convert?

Rustam Shafikov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 16:03
Member (2009)
English to Russian
+ ...
Thank you May 27, 2010

Thank you very much, Optiproz Prime!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unhandled exception in MultiTerm 2007 Convert

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs