Thread poster: Lenka Zamisova

Lenka Zamisova  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:05
Member (2006)
Spanish to Czech
+ ...
Dec 26, 2007

Is it possible to change the language definition in a TagEditor file? What should I do? Thanks for answers.

Direct link Reply with quote

Daniel García
English to Spanish
+ ...
Open the TTX file in an a text editor Dec 26, 2007

Lenka Zamisova wrote:

Is it possible to change the language definition in a TagEditor file? What should I do? Thanks for answers.

Open the TTX file in a text editor (like UltraEdit) and look for the target language ISO code.

Then you can change it to the language that you want to use.

Need I say? Try it first with a copy of the file!!!

Daniel

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
changing language definition Dec 26, 2007

Is it possible to change the language definition in a TagEditor file?

In all bilingual files, like TTX, TMX and TRADOS export TXT, the language of the segment is indicated explicitely for every translation unit. For instance in TTX
<Tuv Lang="DE-DE">....Segment in Deutsch <\Tuv>
<Tuv Lang="EN-US">....segment contents in English<\Tuv>
Other file types have different syntax, but the same intention. In text files, exported from a TM for instance, it would be:
<SEG L="DE-DE">Segment in Deutsch
<SEG L="EN-US">segment contents in English

To change the language (source or target, does not make any difference) the corresponding Lang entry must be changed with a text editor, Make sure you hava backup before you start and that you save in the same coding (possibly Unicode) when you finish.

Regards

Vito

Lenka Zamisova  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2006)
Spanish to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks, problem resolved with your perfectly clear answer. Good luck! Lenka Dec 26, 2007

dgmaga wrote:

Lenka Zamisova wrote:

Open the TTX file in a text editor (like UltraEdit) and look for the target language ISO code.

Then you can change it to the language that you want to use.

Need I say? Try it first with a copy of the file!!!

Daniel

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to change the language definition in a TagEditor File

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs