Thread poster: Charles Henriot
Charles Henriot
France
Local time: 03:21
French to English
+ ...
Dec 27, 2007

I have SDL Trados 2007

My workbench crashes often. For example when using concordance or at the end of a filtering process...

With varisous tms, when using concordance, some words always work and some words always cause a crash of the workbench.

In maintenance, while filtering, entering too much translations units processed at a time cause a crash.

etc.

I've checked my computer for bugs etc. and tried to click on "register SDL TRADOS 2007" but it keeps crashing.
Anyone had this problem?

Direct link Reply with quote

Margreet Logmans  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 03:21
English to Dutch
+ ...
Do you have Multiterm running? Dec 27, 2007

If so, try shutting it down; Multiterm can cause a lot of trouble like this. Don't open it unless you really need it.

Steven Capsuto  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:21
Spanish to English
+ ...
Not just MultiTerm Dec 27, 2007

Margreet Logmans wrote:

If so, try shutting it down; Multiterm can cause a lot of trouble like this. Don't open it unless you really need it.

At least in version 6.5, even having Term Recognition turned on caused crashes on my laptop. I haven't had the problem on 2007 though.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS Workbench keeps crashing

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs