technicis 92 (X)
technicis 92 (X)
France
Local time: 06:27
French to English
+ ...
Dec 27, 2007

I have SDL Trados 2007

My workbench crashes often. For example when using concordance or at the end of a filtering process...

With varisous tms, when using concordance, some words always work and some words always cause a crash of the workbench.

In maintenance, while filtering, entering too much translations units processed at a time cause a crash.

etc.

I've checked my computer for bugs etc. and tried to click on "register SDL TRAD
... See more
I have SDL Trados 2007

My workbench crashes often. For example when using concordance or at the end of a filtering process...

With varisous tms, when using concordance, some words always work and some words always cause a crash of the workbench.

In maintenance, while filtering, entering too much translations units processed at a time cause a crash.

etc.

I've checked my computer for bugs etc. and tried to click on "register SDL TRADOS 2007" but it keeps crashing.
Anyone had this problem?
Collapse

Margreet Logmans (X)
Margreet Logmans (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 06:27
English to Dutch
+ ...
Do you have Multiterm running? Dec 27, 2007

If so, try shutting it down; Multiterm can cause a lot of trouble like this. Don't open it unless you really need it.

Steven Capsuto
Steven Capsuto  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:27
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Not just MultiTerm Dec 27, 2007

Margreet Logmans wrote:

If so, try shutting it down; Multiterm can cause a lot of trouble like this. Don't open it unless you really need it.

At least in version 6.5, even having Term Recognition turned on caused crashes on my laptop. I haven't had the problem on 2007 though.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS Workbench keeps crashing

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »