Echo (Sin Jin) Lim
Echo (Sin Jin) Lim
United States
Member (2004)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Dec 27, 2007

Hi all,

I am using tageditor now translating a PPT file, I have this problem sometimes there are exactly the same words already translated, and in the next same line the translated line came but with the wrong tags, I tried deleting or adding the said missing tags with no avail, i could not copy and past, i could not insert, i could not delete.

Anybody can share how could i do to make sure the translated line and the original have the same tag??

Thanks in a
... See more
Hi all,

I am using tageditor now translating a PPT file, I have this problem sometimes there are exactly the same words already translated, and in the next same line the translated line came but with the wrong tags, I tried deleting or adding the said missing tags with no avail, i could not copy and past, i could not insert, i could not delete.

Anybody can share how could i do to make sure the translated line and the original have the same tag??

Thanks in advance...

Echo
Collapse

Jerónimo Fernández
Jerónimo Fernández  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Turn off tag protection Dec 27, 2007

Hi Echo,

Most likely you have tag protection turned on. It needs to be turned off. To do this, find the padlock in the standard bar and click on it until it's open. Alternatively, go to "Tools" > "Options" > "Protection" tab and, under "Tag protection", unmark "Protect tags".

Then you should be able to delete, copy, and paste tags at your will.

I hope this helps.

Jerónimo

[Edited at 2007-12-27 15:33]

Echo (Sin Jin) Lim
Echo (Sin Jin) Lim
United States
Member (2004)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank... it works! Dec 27, 2007

Thanks Jerónimo

You are the star!

thanks very much.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Missing tag or extra tag in translation

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »