Kristina Wolf  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 18:20
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
Dec 28, 2007

Hi,

I have just upgraded vom Trados 6.5 to SDL Trados. No problems with the installation. Only thing is that I now have two TW4 Win Bars showing in Word and Trados 6.5 is still there as before. Should I deinstall it with the standard deinstall function under windows?

Kristina

Direct link Reply with quote

Renée van Bijsterveld  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 08:20
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
No, you don't have to Dec 28, 2007

You could leave both versions, for instance if you're working for different clients who use different versions of Trados. But make sure you register the version you'll be working with (through the Start menu) before you start working with this version. In that case you could hide one of the Trados toolbars.

But if you are sure you'll only be using the latest version, you could deinstall 6.5

[Edited at 2007-12-28 20:33]

Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 08:20
English to Polish
Too many .dot files Dec 28, 2007

Kristina Wolf wrote:

Only thing is that I now have two TW4 Win Bars showing in Word and Trados 6.5 is still there as before.

Locate startup folder for your Word installation and remove the old Trados .dot file. New Trados installation copied new template file there without removing the old one.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Deinstall Trados 6.5 after updating?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs