Thread poster: Krzysztof Kłonica
Krzysztof Kłonica
Krzysztof Kłonica  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 18:15
English to Polish
+ ...
Jan 2, 2008

I'm completely new to Trados (2007 FL SP1) and I'm about to start my first Trados job. My client sent me several .rtf files (S-Tagged and pretranslated) and two TM's to work with. My problem is that I cannot figure out how to open both of them in WB. Also, one of them is Canadian English->Polish and the second one - American English->Polish. Is it possible to have them working together?
At first I tried to create a project in Synergy, where you can specify more than one TM, but when the pr
... See more
I'm completely new to Trados (2007 FL SP1) and I'm about to start my first Trados job. My client sent me several .rtf files (S-Tagged and pretranslated) and two TM's to work with. My problem is that I cannot figure out how to open both of them in WB. Also, one of them is Canadian English->Polish and the second one - American English->Polish. Is it possible to have them working together?
At first I tried to create a project in Synergy, where you can specify more than one TM, but when the project was ready and I tried to open the first file to start tranlsation I received a message saying that there were no files to be translated in the project (!). I'm guessing it's because they had been pretranslated by the client. Is there a way to create a project so as to be able to work with such pretranslated files?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Stake
Collapse

Renée van Bijsterveld
Renée van Bijsterveld  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Reference TM Jan 3, 2008

You could use one TM as your working TM (from which translations will be leveraged and into which your translations will be saved) and make the other TM your reference TM:
Choose Options.
Choose Translation memory options.
Click Concordance.
Browse to your second TM in Reference TM.

Next you could check the check box Search first in reference TM.

I have no experience with Synergy, so I can't advice you there. Maybe if you use the TM's in the way
... See more
You could use one TM as your working TM (from which translations will be leveraged and into which your translations will be saved) and make the other TM your reference TM:
Choose Options.
Choose Translation memory options.
Click Concordance.
Browse to your second TM in Reference TM.

Next you could check the check box Search first in reference TM.

I have no experience with Synergy, so I can't advice you there. Maybe if you use the TM's in the way I described, working only in Trados + Word, there is text to be translated in the project.

Good luck
Renée

[Edited at 2008-01-03 07:41]
Collapse

Krzysztof Kłonica
Krzysztof Kłonica  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It works... Jan 3, 2008

... and it was really easy. I should have figured it out on my own. For the future I promise not to bother my fellow Prozians with such obvious things

Thank you Renée.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Two TM's in WB

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »