https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/93251-cannot_open_powerpoint_files_in_trados_75.html

Cannot open Powerpoint files in Trados 7.5
Thread poster: luisvalero
luisvalero
luisvalero
Local time: 20:00
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 4, 2008

Got Trados v.7.5 instaled on a Vista OS, been having trouble opening ppt files even those from Office 2007. Every time I try I get these messages: "FAILED TO CREATE FILE PARSER TRADOS.POWERPOINTFILE PARSER" and "(80005):FAILED TO CREATE THE PARSER FOR PLUGIN FILE FORMAT!".

Is there any way I can fix this?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-01-04 07:26]

Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 14:00
English to Swedish
+ ...
Not compatible with Office 2007 Jan 4, 2008

luisvalero wrote:

Got Trados v.7.5 instaled on a Vista OS, been having trouble opening ppt files even those from Office 2007.

Well, you gave the answer already!
Trados 7.5 doesn't support Office 2007.
And I'd be very sceptical to run it under Vista (even though Microsoft says otherwise).
7.5 was not developed to work under Vista, so any kinds of bugs could appear.

Try sending this in to the SDL support. They'll probably tell you that your setup doesn't meet the system requirements...

Better downgrade to XP again

/Jan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot open Powerpoint files in Trados 7.5

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »