Thread poster: S&L

S&L  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 09:15
English to Polish
+ ...
Jan 4, 2008

Hi,

I have searched, but didn't seem to be able to find it. My problem is simple - I need to merge a few itd files into one, so I can correct some terms in all of them, without having to open them one by one (unless there's a better way to do it ).

I tried using the "merge" command of the "split" option in SDLX - it "works" - at least it does SOMETHNIG, but there is no output file :/

I would really appreciate some help

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Digel  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Not possible Jan 4, 2008

Hi Aleksander,

I'm afraid it's not possible to merge already existing itd files. The Merge command you mention can only be used to glue back together individual parts of a large itd files that has been split into several smaller itd files.

If you want to globally change terms you might use the Global Search/Replace function of SDLX. To do so, click Translate in the menu bar of the SDLX Switchboard and select Global search and replace. If this doesn't work for you, I'm afraid you will need to change

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Claudia

S&L  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Global serach instead of merging - super! :) Jan 4, 2008

Dear Claudia,

thank You a million! It's even better a way, You saved me lots of time

I've still got a lot to learn

Best reagrds!
Aleksader

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Merging itd files.

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs