https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/93334-error_message_when_trying_to_convert_tag_editor_document_to_tt.html

Error message when trying to convert tag editor document to TT
Thread poster: Neil Barnes
Neil Barnes
Neil Barnes  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:20
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jan 4, 2008

I have just spent all week translating about 28,000 words using TagEditor, only to find that I am not able to convert it back into the Excel file for some reason!

When I try and clean the document using Workbench, it will not clean the whole file, and when I try and convert it to the target (Excel) document, it says "connection with server application error: cannot rename sheet to the same name as another sheet, a referenced object library or a workbook referenced by Visual basic."<
... See more
I have just spent all week translating about 28,000 words using TagEditor, only to find that I am not able to convert it back into the Excel file for some reason!

When I try and clean the document using Workbench, it will not clean the whole file, and when I try and convert it to the target (Excel) document, it says "connection with server application error: cannot rename sheet to the same name as another sheet, a referenced object library or a workbook referenced by Visual basic."

I am at a loss for what to do and worried I will not make the deadline! Can anyone advise please?
Collapse

Radek Ptak
Radek Ptak
English to Polish
different src same tgt Jan 4, 2008

It looks like you translated two different source strings into one target and these strings happened to be Sheet names.

Code:
<worksheet>
<name>
Sheet1
</name>
<cell>
<cf font="Arial" size="10">dddd</cf>
</cell>
</worksheet>
<worksheet&... See more
It looks like you translated two different source strings into one target and these strings happened to be Sheet names.

Code:
<worksheet>
<name>
Sheet1
</name>
<cell>
<cf font="Arial" size="10">dddd</cf>
</cell>
</worksheet>
<worksheet>
<name>
Sheet2
</name>
</worksheet>

Strings between <name> tags are Sheet names and they must be unique.

Radek

[Edited at 2008-01-04 22:25]
Collapse

Neil Barnes
Neil Barnes  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 5, 2008

Thanks this has solved the problem!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message when trying to convert tag editor document to TT

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »