Kristina Wolf  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 09:01
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
Jan 7, 2008

Hi,

I have recently installed SDL Trados 2007 and now noticed that it still runs Multiterm 6 as I can't use the Multiterm function in the TagEditor and when I checked the Multiterm version it was Build 6.2.
However this is the programm SDL Trados 2007 starts from SDL Trados Synergy when I click on the Multiterm link?
Any suggestions on what I should do next?

Thanks

Kristina

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 01:01
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
well, what about installing MultiTerm 7? Jan 7, 2008

Any suggestions on what I should do next?

Looks like you installed just TRADOS 7.x, but not the latest version of MultiTerm.

Kristina Wolf
Kristina Wolf  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 09:01
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 7, 2008

Thanks for that all important hint. I guess some days you best don't get out of bed

Maurice Devroye
Maurice Devroye
United States
Local time: 19:01
English to French
My Synergy does not even open correctly Jan 7, 2008

Hi Kristina and all,

Allow me to tag my question to yours. I recently - successfully, it seems - installed SDL Trados 2007 and all it does is give me the message: SDL Synergy requires SDL Trados 2007 to be installed or registered...

Any helpul hint from the proz wizards would be appreciated. Incidentally, do I need to uninstall/remove Trados 6.5 first?

Than
... See more
Hi Kristina and all,

Allow me to tag my question to yours. I recently - successfully, it seems - installed SDL Trados 2007 and all it does is give me the message: SDL Synergy requires SDL Trados 2007 to be installed or registered...

Any helpul hint from the proz wizards would be appreciated. Incidentally, do I need to uninstall/remove Trados 6.5 first?

Thanks,
Maurice ( MTV )

[Edited at 2008-01-07 15:44]
Collapse

Liselotte K. de Hennig
Liselotte K. de Hennig  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 20:01
Spanish to German
+ ...
How to register SDL Trados Synergy Jan 12, 2010

Dear Maurice,
I had the same problem and found the following solution:

Click Start > All programs > SDL International > SDL Trados 2007 Freelance > Trados > Register SDL Trados 2007.

After executing this it works fine.

I am using Windows XP. Before installing SDL Trados 2007 I uninstalled Multiterm 6.2 but not Trados 6.5, which I am still using now and then.

Good luck,
Liselotte

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

After installation: SDL Trados 2007, but running Multiterm 6

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »