Thread poster: Brigitte Hamilton

Brigitte Hamilton  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 03:56
Member (2007)
German to English
Jan 9, 2008

Good morning,

I just opened my SDL Trados Translator's Workbench (Trados 2007, Build 826), and was greeted with the following message at the bottom of the screen, nicely highlighted in error-red....

(31054): Resource already exists in

I have no idea what this is - I have searched this item on the Internet and forums but came up empty. Does anyone know what this is or how to fix it. I used Workbench (plus Word 2007) yesterday without any problems.

Direct link Reply with quote

Brigitte Hamilton  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 03:56
Member (2007)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Solved the problem - hard disk drive Jan 9, 2008

Just in case anyone else comes across the same problem - I solved this issue by re-mounting my hard disk drive.

Elena Robles Sanjuan  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:56
English to Spanish
It happened to me and it was the Word file that was corrupted Jan 9, 2008

Hi Brigitte,

I didn´t want to give you an explanation that would have been too lame, so I decided not to answer. Whenever I´ve had this error (more than once), it always ended up being related to a certain degree of corruption in the files or even the TM.
TMs that have been created by many users with many different versions of Trados are a recipe for disaster anyhow.

I always fixed it starting from scratch with everything. From what you´re saying, I have a feeling this error has many sources...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error 31054 on opening Translator's Workbench

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs