Problems with text wrapping of Indesign CS2 files in TagEditor
Thread poster: Sonia Gouin
Sonia Gouin
Sonia Gouin  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 04:24
English to French
Jan 10, 2008

This is my first experience translating Indesign CS2 files with TagEditor. I have SDL Trados 2007 on my PC. When I view .inx files in Indesign CS2, everything looks fine but after translating in Tageditor, I lose the text wrapping and I have not touched the tags in any way.

Can anyone help?

Thanks. Sonia

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 11:24
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
No error of TE Jan 10, 2008

As far as I know the text wrapping has to be adjusted in the dtp-software. You simply cannot do it in TE or other translation tools, it wouldn't make sense. I do not own any dtp software so I never bother to look at my translations in the final environment. If you have to deliver finalised versions you probably must find the function for text-wrap in your software.
What did you promise to the client?
Regards
Heinrich

Sonia Gouin
Sonia Gouin  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 04:24
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Could missing images be the cause? Jan 11, 2008

I am at the testing stage right now with the client. I will be working with an independant graphic designer who will be making all final adjustments in Indesign as the client wants this handed to them ready to go. I am trying to minimize as much as possible the number of final adjustments to be made by the graphic designer.

What I'm not getting is that I see the line breaks for the text wrapping in TagEditor but when I view the .inx file in Indesign, all is lost. Could the fact that
... See more
I am at the testing stage right now with the client. I will be working with an independant graphic designer who will be making all final adjustments in Indesign as the client wants this handed to them ready to go. I am trying to minimize as much as possible the number of final adjustments to be made by the graphic designer.

What I'm not getting is that I see the line breaks for the text wrapping in TagEditor but when I view the .inx file in Indesign, all is lost. Could the fact that I don't yet have the images on file be causing this? Perhaps, since it does not have image to wrap around, it is simply not wrapping. I have asked my client to send me the pics.

Thanks.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with text wrapping of Indesign CS2 files in TagEditor

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »