Problems with text wrapping of Indesign CS2 files in TagEditor
Thread poster: Sonia Gouin

Sonia Gouin  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 11:09
English to French
Jan 10, 2008

This is my first experience translating Indesign CS2 files with TagEditor. I have SDL Trados 2007 on my PC. When I view .inx files in Indesign CS2, everything looks fine but after translating in Tageditor, I lose the text wrapping and I have not touched the tags in any way.

Can anyone help?

Thanks. Sonia

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 18:09
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
No error of TE Jan 10, 2008

As far as I know the text wrapping has to be adjusted in the dtp-software. You simply cannot do it in TE or other translation tools, it wouldn't make sense. I do not own any dtp software so I never bother to look at my translations in the final environment. If you have to deliver finalised versions you probably must find the function for text-wrap in your software.
What did you promise to the client?
Regards
Heinrich

Sonia Gouin  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 11:09
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Could missing images be the cause? Jan 11, 2008

I am at the testing stage right now with the client. I will be working with an independant graphic designer who will be making all final adjustments in Indesign as the client wants this handed to them ready to go. I am trying to minimize as much as possible the number of final adjustments to be made by the graphic designer.

What I'm not getting is that I see the line breaks for the text wrapping in TagEditor but when I view the .inx file in Indesign, all is lost. Could the fact that I don't yet have the images on file be causing this? Perhaps, since it does not have image to wrap around, it is simply not wrapping. I have asked my client to send me the pics.

Thanks.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with text wrapping of Indesign CS2 files in TagEditor

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums