Mobile menu

MultiTerm 5.5 /Versus/ MultiTerm WorkStation (iX)
Thread poster: Iván Madrigal

Iván Madrigal  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:59
English to Spanish
Jan 10, 2008

Hi everyone,

I'm slightly confused, I hope you can solve my doubt...

I have always used MultiTerm 5.5, sometimes I was running in problems when the database provided by the client was for MT 7, but anyway, I always found a way out.

Now I have access to the instalation disc for MultiTerm IX WorkStation, which I never heard of before.
I have searched in internet but there's very little info about this MT IX WS, so I am unsure of if it's a newer version of MT 5.5, if it's a "satellite" version to use plugged to remote databases, if it's an older version or a totally different thing...

Could anyone outline the differences between this two programs/versions?

In case it's an upgrade from 5.5, would you reccomend using it instead of 5.5?

Thanks in advance to everyone for listening.

Bests,
I

Direct link Reply with quote

Anna Sylvia Villegas Carvallo
Mexico
Local time: 15:59
English to Spanish
MultiTerm iX Workstation Jan 10, 2008

"MultiTerm iX Workstation is one component of a state-of-the-art terminology management system. Used as a desktop application, it offers the entire range of features known from the previous MultiTerm versions in a completely redesigned, XML-based, fully Unicode format. The user can create termbases, add terms, browse through the termbase, search, filter, and so on. In a multi-user, distributed environment, MultiTerm iX enables each user to connect to remote or online termbases depending on their access rights.

During translation, Translator's Workbench automatically searches the local or remote MultiTerm termbase for relevant terms and their translations, which can be then inserted into the document with the click of a button. New terms and their translations can also be added to the termbase directly from Microsoft Word during interactive translation."

Source: http://thor.info.uaic.ro/~mihaela/teach/trad/T65CTS.pdf

Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Tadzio Jan 10, 2008

Thanks Tadzio,

But still I'm not clear if it's a version of the same thing, a satellite tool, a complement or if it's newer or older than 5.5...

This is coming from a manual describing Trados 6.5, does that give any clues?

Cheers,
I

Anna Sylvia Villegas Carvallo
Mexico
Local time: 15:59
English to Spanish
Another tool Jan 10, 2008

MultiTerm iX enables each user to connect to remote or online termbases depending on their access rights.

Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
I see... Jan 11, 2008

¡Gracias Tadzio!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm 5.5 /Versus/ MultiTerm WorkStation (iX)

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs