Mobile menu

Help about upgrading SDL Trados
Thread poster: kozetot
Local time: 08:37
Bulgarian to English
Jan 11, 2008

I'm currently using SDL Trados 7 Freelance. What would be the benefits if I buy the newest pro version available now (I think it is 8.0)? I don't manage a big agency but since I do mostly technical translations Trados is a useful tool. All the manuals tell me is that I will save time, make more translations for a given time, but how exactly these new features will save me time is never mentioned.
If anyone have upgraded from SDL Trados 7 Freelance to the newest pro version I would be very greatful if you share your opinion. Is really making you work faster and how exactly this happens compared to the old version, and is it worth the investment?

Thank you for your opinions and suggestions.

Best regards,

Direct link Reply with quote

Steven Capsuto  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:37
Spanish to English
+ ...
Freelance versus Pro, 7 versus 8 Jan 12, 2008

The main advantage of the Pro version is that you can work with more than 5 language pairs. If you're a freelancer, you probably don't need to do that. There are a couple of extra tools in Pro, but I don't think they would change your working life very much.

I recently upgraded from 6.5 Freelance to the current Freelance version. The concordance search works better in the new release, and I like that the Term Recognition function can now work with multiple termbases at once. However, I don't know in which version of Trados those features were improved.

Hope this is helpful.

[Edited at 2008-01-12 13:07]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help about upgrading SDL Trados

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

SDL Trados Studio 2015 Freelance
The industry-leading translation software used by over 200,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs