Lyudmil Spasov
Lyudmil Spasov
Bulgaria
Local time: 16:49
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Jan 14, 2008

Hi everyone,

I get the following error in Tag Editor 7: Error (41001): Failed to display text: '.' using font 'ZwAdobeF'.

Please, can you help me, it is urgent?

Many thanks

Jørgen Madsen
Jørgen Madsen  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:49
English to Danish
+ ...
Link: Jan 14, 2008

http://www.sdl.com/en/services/support/view.asp?cntID=1058

Although, this article is about an earlier version, it may still provide a solution.

Jørgen

[Edited at 2008-01-14 18:58]

Lyudmil Spasov
Lyudmil Spasov
Bulgaria
Local time: 16:49
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The problem is that I am using Trados 7 Jan 14, 2008

Dear Jorgen,

The trouble is that I am using Trados 7. To tell you the truth, I did part of the translation on Trados 6.5 FL, perhaps this is the reason why I get this error.

I do not really know where the problem is. I am now forced to use 6.5 FL again to complete the translation.

Well, thank you anyway.

Regards,

Lyudmil

Jørgen Madsen
Jørgen Madsen  Identity Verified
English to Danish
+ ...
Switching version Jan 15, 2008

Well, I haven't tried it, but I could only imagine that switching Trados version and using two different version on the same file will produce problems.

To beat that problem, you could export the 6.5 TM, create a new TM in 7 and import the "old" TM and start translating with a fresh/untranslated copy of the file using the Translate to fuzzy feature.

Jørgen

Tjasa Kuerpick
Tjasa Kuerpick  Identity Verified
Slovenia
Member (2006)
Slovenian to German
+ ...
Best way is ... Jul 28, 2012

I had the problem too. I received a file delivered by email. Trados seems to be sensitive to such files that are attached to an email as doc documents and were not zipped. As it showed constant error 410001 and crashed down every time I wanted to start translating, I simply copied the whole file in a new empty Word document, and saved it in another map under the same name as the source file to be translated. I opened it again in Trados, and everything worked just perfect.

At another
... See more
I had the problem too. I received a file delivered by email. Trados seems to be sensitive to such files that are attached to an email as doc documents and were not zipped. As it showed constant error 410001 and crashed down every time I wanted to start translating, I simply copied the whole file in a new empty Word document, and saved it in another map under the same name as the source file to be translated. I opened it again in Trados, and everything worked just perfect.

At another file this problem reappeared. The reason was that the font that was used by the client had been renamed: e. g. "TimesNewRoman" instead of "Times New Roman". This can be solved by formating the file in MS Word to the font used by your own system, which of course should be the same font as in my example above so that you keep the original layout. In Trados open the document in to be translated, and the error will disappear.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error 41001

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »