Mobile menu

SDL Trados 2007 workbench "previous request not finished"
Thread poster: Jenny Duthie

Jenny Duthie  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:27
French to English
Jan 16, 2008

help I'm in the middle of a big translation, I've just closed a segment (or so I thought) and Workbench says "previous request not finished" so I can't continue translating!! I tried closing and re-opening Workbench and the Word document bu tthis problem is still occuring. I also tried "fix document" but that hasn't helped either!! The problem is that for some reason both the source and target text are shown in the "target" window in Workbench and I can't get rid of them or close them. HELP!!!!!

[Edited at 2008-01-16 12:06]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-01-16 13:36]

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:27
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
FYI: This topic has been moved to SDL Trados Support forum Jan 16, 2008

Please use this forum for all questions concerning SDL Trados.

For your problem: just please try to restart Word/Workbench. This should help.
If not, check if in your Word document no bookmarks with names starting with "tw..." are left. If so, delete them.


Direct link Reply with quote

Michael Broström
Local time: 16:27
English to Swedish
+ ...
Still not rid of the "previous request not finished"-issue Feb 12, 2008

Dear all

I am running Trados Workbench and Word 2002 (10.6826.6825) SP3.

While doing a straight forward translation of a non-formatted text (copied from Excel and pasted into a Word-file saved as RTF) I am getting the extremely annoying "previous request not finished" error from Workbench.

I can close Workbench and re-open it to translate the next segment (or the next after that) which seems to work, but the offending segments (containing nothing strange) never works.

I suspect there is an issue with the TM, but what exactly am I looking for if I want to try and edit it manually? I did export it and import it into a new TM, but that didn't help so I'm guessing I could edit the exported "txt"-file to rid it of the offending text.

I have tried searching for answers on this through Google, several yahoogroups and contacting SDL/Trados support. Sadly all my efforts have gone unrewarded, most irritating was the 404 page not found message when trying to send a support request to SDL Trados through their website (while logged in with my credentials).

Thanks in advance for your assistance and apologies for a lengthy question which will probably have been answered ten times over and I'm just to dumb to find it ... 8)


Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2007 workbench "previous request not finished"

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »
Wake up in the Morning and see that you have sold TMs and made Money overnight

The TM Market Place for Translators
New: Our Instant TM Download
TM owners: Upload your TMs into the online database
Customers: Analyse your text & instantly download a text-specific TM
Well over 1.2 BILLION translation units

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs