sdl trados 2006 and Autocad 2007 files, how to??
Thread poster: Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 02:31
English to German
+ ...
Jan 18, 2008

Halo all,
we have recd. a rather complicated set of files on annual contract basis pertaining to trados finishing of autocad tools. We have tried to convert these into a .pdf and OCR but much small text gets lost. Ist there a work around for this. I shall appreciate all the helping hints. Best regards, Brandis

Tobi
Tobi
English to German
+ ...
Try this way Jan 18, 2008

Hello Brandis,

just have a look at this article:

http://www.proz.com/translation-articles/articles/147/1

This works with AutoCAD 2004. I don't know if it still works with later versions of AutoCAD. But Export - Translation - Import is usually the way to translate DWG drawings.

Best regards,

Tobi

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 07:31
English to Thai
+ ...
T-Windows for Clipboard Jan 18, 2008

T-Windows for Clipboard

I recommend T-Windows for Clipboard if you have special needs for TM and CAT where there is no direct interface with Trados. It is convenient if your Autocad can work with copy/paste function. TM can be managed through Trados Workbench at the same time.
You need not process with Acrobat print/OCR to lose extra time.

Regards,
SL

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 03:31
English to Turkish
+ ...
Star Transit Jan 19, 2008

As far as I know, Star Transit is the only CAT tool with direct support for AutoCad files.

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
got hold of a tool Jan 20, 2008

Hi! I do not know the company, but it is called dwg, dxf, pdf2 word and jpg. So these files can be processed in word and sdl trados 2006. The page definition changes due to the large layout of the technical dwgs.. I shall keep you posted on this again. Transit could be a solution, shall try that as well. Thank you Best regards, Brandis

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 03:31
English to Turkish
+ ...
GeoTools Jan 20, 2008

It is an add-on for AutoCad
http://www.4d-technologies.com/geotools/index.htm

In particular see the text tools

http://www.4d-technologies.com/geotools/manual/text_tools.htm

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

sdl trados 2006 and Autocad 2007 files, how to??

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »