https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/94573-on_how_many_computers_can_i_install_trados_2007.html

On how many computers can I install Trados 2007?
Thread poster: Johannes Zimmermann (X)
Johannes Zimmermann (X)
Johannes Zimmermann (X)
Local time: 12:31
Turkish to German
+ ...
Jan 18, 2008

Hello everyone,

I am thinking about buying Trados Freelance 2007. My question is now: On how many computers can I install it at the same time? I am working with a Desktop PC at home, one at my office and with my laptop when I'm travelling and would like to use the programme on all three machines. A friend of mine told me that you only get a single activation key when downloading the programme. Does this also limit the number of possible installations to 1?

Would be grat
... See more
Hello everyone,

I am thinking about buying Trados Freelance 2007. My question is now: On how many computers can I install it at the same time? I am working with a Desktop PC at home, one at my office and with my laptop when I'm travelling and would like to use the programme on all three machines. A friend of mine told me that you only get a single activation key when downloading the programme. Does this also limit the number of possible installations to 1?

Would be grateful for any information about this topic!

Kind regards,
J.
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 13:31
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
You can install it on all machines Jan 18, 2008

But you can use only one at the time, at least if the machines are connected to a network or connected to the internet. Otherwise the second instance will work in demo mode.
No problem to travel with Trados, if your desktop is not working at the same time.
Regards
Heinrich

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:31
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

Trados can be installed on a total of two computers Jan 18, 2008

Please see http://www.proz.com/post/705305#705305

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
How many computers can I install SDL Trados 2007 Jan 18, 2008

Hello Johannes

You can store the SDL Trados 2007 Freelance License/Activation code on 2 seperate PCs.

However, the activation code can also be moved from one PC to another. So you could have your activation code installed on your PC at home and on your office PC. When you want to travel you would need to "return" the license so that it is free and then you can put it onto your laptop.

You will need an internet connection in order to return the license.
... See more
Hello Johannes

You can store the SDL Trados 2007 Freelance License/Activation code on 2 seperate PCs.

However, the activation code can also be moved from one PC to another. So you could have your activation code installed on your PC at home and on your office PC. When you want to travel you would need to "return" the license so that it is free and then you can put it onto your laptop.

You will need an internet connection in order to return the license.

Here is what you need to do:

Returning Your License

1. Select Start -> All Programs -> SDL International -> SDL Trados 2007 -> License Manager

2. Click on “View Activated Licenses”

4. Select the license you wish to return and click “Return License”

5. When the License has been returned select “OK” then select “Close”

If You Do Not Know What Your Activation Code is:

1. Go to https://oos.sdl.com/asp/products/ssl/account/default.asp

2 Login to your account with your account details. Your login is usually your email address.

3. Go to “My Licenses”

4. Under “My Product Activation Codes” you will see your License/Activation Code.

5. Copy your Activation Code

Activating your License/Activation Code on another PC

1. Select Start -> All Programs -> SDL International -> SDL Trados 2007 -> License Manager

2. Select “Activate Online”

3. Enter your Activation Code and select “Next”

4. Your SDL Trados license should now be activated on your other PC/Laptop.

When you come back from your travels, you can "return" the license again from your laptop so that it will be free for your office/home PC.

I hope this helps

Best regards

Denise
Collapse

Sandra Leoni
Sandra Leoni
Argentina
Local time: 07:31
English to Spanish
Trados 6.5 Installation in the same Notebook for 2 users Jan 19, 2008

Hello,

I installed my Trados 6.5 in my Notebook, we have configured 2 users, and Trados fully works only for one, the other only works as a demo only.

Could somebody help me? Thanks
Sandra

Wojciech Froelich
Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
Wild guess Jan 19, 2008

Sandra Leoni wrote:

I installed my Trados 6.5 in my Notebook, we have configured 2 users, and Trados fully works only for one, the other only works as a demo only.

Have you tried pointing to your license file again (for the second user)? AFAIR license information is not shared between different user profiles.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

On how many computers can I install Trados 2007?

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »