Mobile menu

Synergy will not initialize
Thread poster: T o b i a s
Jan 20, 2008

My installation of Synergy has broken again. I am not sure why. I deinstalled and reinstalled trados and .net 2.0 twice. On opening, Synergy generates the following error, which it politely offers to write to disk:{68DDAD08-5FB2-4202-A4F4-B22CC4A51696}/**tobias*bugs*synergy%20broken

Tag Editor as well as workbench still seem to work. I use Synergy as an interface to organize files and update main memories.

[Edited at 2008-01-20 22:59]

Installed SDL Trados freelance on a clean install of windows XP with all updates on a new PC: 8 gigs of memory, faster processor, faster hard disk and newer video card. Only other major app on new machine is MS Office 2003. After successfully installing the Trados freelance suite (sp1), Synergy again during "checking application mode" fails and produces a popup "Failed to initialize the operation". After pressing "ok" (!), SDL Trados Synergy seems to continue to load, but tthen produces another popup error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" The program will only exit by pressing alt-ctrl-delete.

Since SDL Trados Synergy is the interface SDL presents new users with, I would be nice to get it running smoothly. I have two unrelated software/hardware combos producing the same Synergy crash.

[Edited at 2008-01-21 12:22]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Synergy will not initialize

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados PDF Translation
Fast and Reliable PDF Translation - reduce your workload while maintaining quality

Unlock the potential of PDFs, taking your original PDF, replacing the text with your translations from your preferred tools and in minutes, get a high quality, ready-to-use, translated PDF. Try it now - your first 50 pages are free.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs