Spanish to English
Jan 21, 2008

Hi, I am using

SDL Trados 2007 Freelance 8.0
SDL Multiterm 2007
MultiTerm Desktop, Version 8.0
Translator's Workbench/SDLX, Version 8.0 Freelance
Word 2007

I am new to CAT tools. I created a translation memory and created a termbase. However, when I use Word 2007 to begin working on a project, the termbase I created is not accessible through Word even though it is active on the workbench.

In a nutshell this is the problem:
i.e. The tab in Word that says Multiterm - when I click "Select termbase" there are no termbases whatsoever there for me to select. When I go back to the workbench it is there, and when I go back to Trados it is there too.

I have tried reading the help areas, etc., but they all just seem to assume the termbase will be there to select, and it just is not.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Direct link Reply with quote

Josée Desbiens
Local time: 07:17
English to French
Nearly the same problem... Jan 22, 2008

I have reinstalled Trados Freelance 2006 on my new laptop and I use Word 2003.

I had previously created a Multiterm termbase on my main computer (home network server) but have no access to this MT on my laptop.

Hope someone have an answer for us

Hanne Rask Sønderborg
Member (2004)
Danish to English
+ ...
I made copy of the sample TM in Multiterm Jan 30, 2008

I remember struggling with this issue. In the end, I made a copy of the sample TM (the one that comes when you buy the program) in Multiterm to get a TM started that Trados would recognize. It took out the hazzle of creating a structure, since I could then ad/remove to the sample TM (the sample TM has German and English, and German is not one of my languages). If you have already spent time making entries to a TM, you can export them using the catalogue in Multiterm and save the exported file to your computer. You can then import them in your new TM (based on the sample TM), using the catalogue in Multiiterm.

xxxDCampbell  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
thanks I'm going to try that Jan 31, 2008

Thanks I'm going to try your suggestion this weekend, when I have time to do battle with Trados and Word : )

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word 2007 Doesn't Locate Multiterm Termbase

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Translators like you are producing higher quality translations faster with Lilt!

After years of research at Stanford University, Lilt has introduced a revolutionary new tool that will change the way you translate. Lilt learns how you translate to give you more personalized suggestions. Be more productive today! Use it FOR FREE!

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs