Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4] >
SDL Trados 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2)
Thread poster: RWS Community
Carmenlh
Carmenlh
Local time: 03:52
English to French
Disappointed hope: SPW and Word 2007 + Vista Jan 28, 2008

I was eagerly looking forward this patch because Workbench is so slow with my Word 2007 (looking for printer for each and every sentence). One page takes about 2 hours. The new version changes nothinig for me, the problem is the same. Does anybody has the same problem?

[Modifié le 2008-01-28 20:14]

VdeMoor (X)
VdeMoor (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:52
French to Dutch
+ ...
build 820? Jan 30, 2008

Marek Buchtel wrote:

Error 2715 is The specified File key ('[2]') not found in the File table. (http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa372835.aspx)

A few ideas:
What is your current build of SDL Trados? Is it 822 or 826? (Full installer is necessary for build 820).
Maybe the SP2 installation file is corrupted (try downloading it again).
Or one of the files in the temp folder (from previous installation), which the SP2 needs, may be corrputed. In that case, you will probably have to uninstall trados and install the Full SP2 release.

Regards

Marek

Where can i find out what build my Trados version is

děkuji
frédéric

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
In Workbench Jan 30, 2008

click Help and chose "About".
This will show you the full version of your installation.

VdeMoor (X)
French to Dutch
+ ...
build found. Jan 30, 2008

It is 822

so what is the next step. Download the new update again?

Jerzy Czopik
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
I would suggest deinstalling SDL Trados Build 822 Jan 30, 2008

after having downloaded the full installation package and than installing it completly new with the full installer.

Stefan Gentz
Stefan Gentz
English to German
+ ...
TagEditor Display Error Jan 31, 2008

Hi Jerzy,

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

My strange viewing problem with Tageditor still persists.

It looks like this:
(graphic deleted, see above)

Did someone else experience similar problems and might possibly found a solution?

[Edited at 2008-01-22 19:44]

I just had the same "viewing experience" on my machine. I noticed this when I scaled my TagEditor window bigger (not in a maximized state). Up to a specific width everything is okay. However, when my TagEditor becomes bigger than about 1750 pixels width, some lines fall together.

Besides, I'm running TE 835 on Vista with an NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600 GT (driver 7.15.11.6743). Could you please let us know:
a) what your screen size is,
b) if the error dissapears, if you size down the TagEditor window
c) what graphic card and driver version you have.

Kind regards,
Stefan Gentz

Jerzy Czopik
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Heureka! Jan 31, 2008

Stefan Gentz wrote:

Hi Jerzy,

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

My strange viewing problem with Tageditor still persists.

It looks like this:
(graphic deleted, see above)

Did someone else experience similar problems and might possibly found a solution?

[Edited at 2008-01-22 19:44]

I just had the same "viewing experience" on my machine. I noticed this when I scaled my TagEditor window bigger (not in a maximized state). Up to a specific width everything is okay. However, when my TagEditor becomes bigger than about 1750 pixels width, some lines fall together.

Besides, I'm running TE 835 on Vista with an NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600 GT (driver 7.15.11.6743). Could you please let us know:
a) what your screen size is,
b) if the error dissapears, if you size down the TagEditor window
c) what graphic card and driver version you have.

Kind regards,
Stefan Gentz

Exactly, when the width is bigger than... My laptop has a resolution of 1920 x ... and the main screen 1600 x 1200 pixels. I have this issue on both screens. Maybe it is indeed only the resolution, which makes problems?
I will report this with Trados support.
Thank you very much for sharing.

Kind regads
Jerzy

Karin and Folke Nettelblad (Folia Textproduktion HB)
Karin and Folke Nettelblad (Folia Textproduktion HB)
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
Run Synergy under Vista 64 Mar 10, 2008

Just like David, we thought it's a pity that Synergy will not run under 64-bit Vista.

So, my son wrote a small launcher software that will allow it to do so.

You can find it here: http://85.225.97.213/SynergyLauncher.html

Please follow the instructions on the web page and save the file in the Synergy program folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\SDL International\
... See more
Just like David, we thought it's a pity that Synergy will not run under 64-bit Vista.

So, my son wrote a small launcher software that will allow it to do so.

You can find it here: http://85.225.97.213/SynergyLauncher.html

Please follow the instructions on the web page and save the file in the Synergy program folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\SDL International\SDL Trados Synergy 2007)

You must then start THE NEW PROGRAM (you could put a shortcut in your Start Menu), not the main Synergy application. The small program opens a process in 32-bit mode and then launches Synergy.

It does work, so far that you can run Synergy, but we have so far not done any extensive testing, so no guarantees are made.

Please report any problems to my son: cnettel at tele2.se

Regards,

Folke A. Nettelblad
Collapse

Hans Näslund (X)
Hans Näslund (X)
Sweden
German to Swedish
+ ...
New version of Trados Filter Settings still does not work Mar 16, 2008

Stefan Gentz wrote:

Update:
A fixed version of the SDL Trados Filter settings application is available meanwhile. Please contact your support representative. I have tested the updated version and do not get any errors any longer. The settings application runs just perfectly now.

Kind regards,
Stefan Gentz

I just downloaded and installed the new version of Filter Sewttings (dated Jan. 25, 2008), and now I no longer get the error I used to have.

But instead I now get the error message "Error loading Microsoft Word 2000-2203 filter settings. The filter settings will be disabled." The filter application opens, but Word and PowerPoint filters are disabled. The Excel filter works, as does the RC Filter settings, and Java Virtual Machine Size filter settings, but not the other filters.

It is expressly for Word that I need the filter - what can I do?

I have build 835 of SDL Trados 2007. I'm running Windows XP.

Jerzy Czopik
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Seems your filter setting files are damaged Mar 16, 2008

Please contact me via my profile, I'll send you the xml filter setting files for both Word versions.
The error you describe tells only, that the Word2007_1_0_0_0.xml and Word_1_0_0_0.xml files are somehow incompatible.
This happened to me after I have edited them manually and was not carefull enough.

Regards
Jerzy

VdeMoor (X)
French to Dutch
+ ...
confusing info Mar 16, 2008

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Please contact me via my profile, I'll send you the xml filter setting files for both Word versions.
The error you describe tells only, that the Word2007_1_0_0_0.xml and Word_1_0_0_0.xml files are somehow incompatible.
This happened to me after I have edited them manually and was not carefull enough.

Regards
Jerzy

Dear Jerzy,

I will wait for a new update and use my trados as it was before the upgrade... i heard that I had to deinstall certain parts, other people told me not to do so... result: confusing information.

BTW anyone heard about a solution for the Backspace in Outlook in the subject field... it is also Trados linked...

Jerzy Czopik
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Own experiences Mar 16, 2008

are what I can only speak about.
In my case deinstalling (clean deinstall, including removing (renaming) the entries in Windows Registry) was always the way which worked best.
However, if someone tells you something completly different, this must not necessarilly be wrong.
For the versions:
Build 820 was bad, 822 better, 826 did not work for me on my desktop, but continues working well on the laptop, but no one of those was nearly as stable as the latest one - 835 - is.... See more
are what I can only speak about.
In my case deinstalling (clean deinstall, including removing (renaming) the entries in Windows Registry) was always the way which worked best.
However, if someone tells you something completly different, this must not necessarilly be wrong.
For the versions:
Build 820 was bad, 822 better, 826 did not work for me on my desktop, but continues working well on the laptop, but no one of those was nearly as stable as the latest one - 835 - is.
So I can only but recommend to clean install this one.

Regards
Jerzy
Collapse

Annabel Rautenbach
Annabel Rautenbach  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
Dutch to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
SDL Trados 2007 SP 2 compatible with SDL Trados 2006 Nov 24, 2008

Hi there

I am still using SDL Trados 2006. I want to upgrade to Office 2007, but from what I can understand, the two will not work together. From previous posts, I saw that it has something to do with adding the template in Word 2007. Do I need to buy SDL Trados 2007, or is there a way to work around this. Will it work if I just buy the SP 2 and install it with my SDL Trados 2006? Or is there another way (that works) to use SDL Trados 2006 with Word 2007.

Thanks in adva
... See more
Hi there

I am still using SDL Trados 2006. I want to upgrade to Office 2007, but from what I can understand, the two will not work together. From previous posts, I saw that it has something to do with adding the template in Word 2007. Do I need to buy SDL Trados 2007, or is there a way to work around this. Will it work if I just buy the SP 2 and install it with my SDL Trados 2006? Or is there another way (that works) to use SDL Trados 2006 with Word 2007.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
@Annabel Nov 27, 2008

Sorry, you are mixing things up.
You are able to keep both SDL Trados 2006 & 2007 on one machine, but only SDL Trados 2007 will work with Word 2007.

Constance Mannshardt
Constance Mannshardt  Identity Verified
Brazil
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Install of SP not working :-( Dec 2, 2008

Hi everyone,

I have a brand new machine (Windows Vista, Office 2007) and installed Trados 7.1.0719 plus Multiterm 2007 SP 1 Update from my download page at translationszone. After having experienced some problems (error messages) I tried uninstalling it, reinstalling and downloading the SDLTrados2007_PRO_SP2_835. exe. I downloaded the SDLTrados2007_FL_SP2_835. exe, also, because I couldn't figure out which one would be the correct one for my case. None installation worked, I get the
... See more
Hi everyone,

I have a brand new machine (Windows Vista, Office 2007) and installed Trados 7.1.0719 plus Multiterm 2007 SP 1 Update from my download page at translationszone. After having experienced some problems (error messages) I tried uninstalling it, reinstalling and downloading the SDLTrados2007_PRO_SP2_835. exe. I downloaded the SDLTrados2007_FL_SP2_835. exe, also, because I couldn't figure out which one would be the correct one for my case. None installation worked, I get the message that the version of the patch is not for my installed Trados version.

I don't know what to do now and I need Trados working asap!
Thanks in advance for yor help!
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »