Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Error 80005 occured when open a .doc file with TagEditor
Thread poster: Yourcells
Yourcells
Local time: 09:00
English to Chinese
Jan 25, 2008

Hi,
When I use TagEditor 7.5 to open a word file with extention .doc, it shows an error message "(80005): This Microsoft Word document cannot be opened because ithas tracking changes turned on".
The version of my SDL Trados and TagEditor is 7.5.0.756.
I have checked the revision and tracking changes through the .doc file and accepted all changes. I also use word macro to check whether there are any review object left in the doc and the count of the revision is 0.
Please give some advice on this problem? Thank you very much.

[修改时间: 2008-01-25 01:13]


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Suzanne Blangsted  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:00
Danish to English
+ ...
Tracking changes Jan 25, 2008

This is from the English version:

Open your word document, click on "Tool" in your task bar. unclick the track changes there. Sometimes you need to click on the icon twice to see how it looks when it is turned off.
Then you can see the difference and make sure that it is turned off.

Then save the document again.

You should then not have any problems opening it in TagEditor.

Suz


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Yourcells
Local time: 09:00
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
Another error occured Jan 25, 2008

Thank you BLANGSTED.
I have tried your method but another error message shows "(80005): This Microsoft Word document cannot be opened due to tracked changes that have not yet been accepted or rejected".
Since I have checked the file, there is no changes without accepted or rejected. Would you or someone else give some further help?
Thank you in advance.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:00
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Happens sometimes Jan 25, 2008

Please save the Word document under a different name.
Should this not help, save as rtf, close, reopen and save as doc again.

HTH
Jerzy


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 03:00
English to Polish
Known issue Jan 25, 2008

Yourcells wrote:

I have tried your method but another error message shows "(80005): This Microsoft Word document cannot be opened due to tracked changes that have not yet been accepted or rejected".
Since I have checked the file, there is no changes without accepted or rejected. Would you or someone else give some further help?


Locate Word_1_0_0_0.xml file (standard location is c:\program files\sdl international\t2006\tt), open it in Unicode-enabled text editor and go to NonAcceptedOrRejectedChangesHandling section. Default setting is Default, which means StopConversion. Change Default to Ignore for this section, save the XML file (hope you did the backup first), re-open TagEditor and open Word file again.


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Yourcells
Local time: 09:00
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
It does works Jan 28, 2008

Hi Wojciech Froelich,
Thank you very much. Your soluction does work!


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Paul Godfrey
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:00
French to English
Use "TradosFilterSettings" Mar 12, 2008

An easier way to do this is is to run TradosFilterSettings.exe, select "Non accepted or rejected changes" under "Word 2000-2003" and check "Process documents with non accepted or rejected changes".

Direct link Reply with quote
 
KJIDTP
Local time: 20:00
English
Having the same issue in Trados 2007 with SP2 Mar 18, 2008

I'm having the same issue and neither of the above suggested fixes are working for me. The TradosFilterSettings.exe is giving an error when I open it, it allows me to continue but when I click "Save" to make the changes it gives the error again and does not make the change. When I make the change manually in the Word_1_0_0_0.xml file it gets rid of the first error and now is replaced by: "(80005): Error while reading endnotes or footnotes." Error. Has anyone encountered this problem or know of a work around?

Thanks!


Direct link Reply with quote
 

KSL Berlin  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 02:00
Member (2003)
German to English
+ ...
Changing the settings in the XML file May 17, 2008

Wojciech Froelich wrote:
Locate Word_1_0_0_0.xml file (standard location is c:\program files\sdl international\t2006\tt), open it in Unicode-enabled text editor and go to NonAcceptedOrRejectedChangesHandling section. Default setting is Default, which means StopConversion. Change Default to Ignore for this section, save the XML file (hope you did the backup first), re-open TagEditor and open Word file again.


Thank you. This worked where every other approach (and a few hours of frustrated testing) failed.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

dgonneau  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 03:00
English to French
+ ...
thanks Jul 11, 2008

use of TradosFilterSettings.exe fixed the problem

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:00
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
It works! Aug 7, 2008

Wojciech Froelich wrote:
Locate Word_1_0_0_0.xml file (standard location is c:\program files\sdl international\t2006\tt), open it in Unicode-enabled text editor and go to NonAcceptedOrRejectedChangesHandling section. Default setting is Default, which means StopConversion. Change Default to Ignore for this section, save the XML file (hope you did the backup first), re-open TagEditor and open Word file again.


Same problem here. I used the EXE, but I did not have a clue that this could be done. Thanks a million Wojciech!


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Magdalena Wysmyk  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 03:00
Polish to English
+ ...
TradosFilterSettings.exe - worked for me Sep 21, 2008

Paul Godfrey - thanks a million for your tip. It has just solved my problem - when all other methods failed.

Direct link Reply with quote
 
clarn  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:00
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Same problem... Oct 2, 2008

Hi,

I have opened the "Word_1_0_0_0" file but can't find any "NonAcceptedOrRejectedChangesHandling" section. It simply isn't there.

I have also tried opening the "TradosFilterSettings", yet "Non accepted or rejected changes" does not appear anywhere.

This is a nightmare! And of course, it's costing me both time and money.

Does anyone have another way of getting TagEditor to process Word docs regardless of changes?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Neil


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Станислав (Stanislav) Чалъков (Chalakov)
Bulgaria
Local time: 04:00
German to Bulgarian
+ ...
Thank you, it helped also to me :) Nov 12, 2008

Paul Godfrey wrote:

An easier way to do this is is to run TradosFilterSettings.exe, select "Non accepted or rejected changes" under "Word 2000-2003" and check "Process documents with non accepted or rejected changes".


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 03:00
English to Czech
+ ...
Version? Nov 12, 2008

Neil Claridge wrote:

Hi,

I have opened the "Word_1_0_0_0" file but can't find any "NonAcceptedOrRejectedChangesHandling" section. It simply isn't there.

I have also tried opening the "TradosFilterSettings", yet "Non accepted or rejected changes" does not appear anywhere.

This is a nightmare! And of course, it's costing me both time and money.

Does anyone have another way of getting TagEditor to process Word docs regardless of changes?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Neil


Hi Neil,
it all depends on your version of Trados. What should work for you is the DOC -> RTF -> DOC workaround. It's never let me down...


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Pages in topic:   [1 2] >


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error 80005 occured when open a .doc file with TagEditor

Advanced search







SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »



All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs