Thread poster: Vito Smolej

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 22:59
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Jan 27, 2008

Have MultiTerm 7.1.0.361 - all clean as a whistle (deinstalled it, reinstalled it, still OK). When start the SP1 setup the messagebox (few seconds into the process) appears saying "Internal Error 2705. Directory". And that's it.

I assume it has to do something with temporary folders ... Any ideas?

I want to have as clean a system as possible and even if the difference between 361 and 444 may not make much difference, there musat have been enough difference to warrant a service pack.

Running xp German btw.

Thanks a lot!

Vito

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Unsinstall the old MT and install full MT SP1 Jan 27, 2008

- this would be my way. First make backup of you databases, than deinstall everything and reinstall the full package.

J.

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
...which is what I had done in the first place Jan 27, 2008

- this would be my way. First make backup of you databases, than deinstall everything and reinstall the full package.

I did deinstall and then installed again 361 (incl. reactivation of the existing termbases in the backup) as suggested in the documentation . When I then started TRADOS_MultiTerm_7_Desktop_7.5.0.444 setup, the error mentioned above happened.

I have just gone through the whole procedure described in the above paragraph, and it still happens the same old way.

Thanks, Jerzy, but it must be something else...

Regards

Vito

[Edited at 2008-01-27 19:52]

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
But I don't undestand something... Jan 27, 2008

Why the heck do you install build 361? The latest build is 448, so what I actually meant was deinstalling evertyhing with Multiterm and than starting the setup for build 448. You need to download the SDLMultiTerm2007DesktopSP1NoPF.exe from your account at SDL.

Btw, when you deinstall MT, maybe it would be a good advice to rename all MT related keys in the registry, so that the program would really install as on a completly "fresh" machine?

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
"Why the heck do you install build 361?" Jan 28, 2008

If I deinstall everything, the 444 SP1 does not want to kick off. Says something about (just quoting off my head) "The product the service pack is intended for, is not installed".

It must be so evident, I am overlooking it all the time (g).

I'll go back to the download page and read is slowly from top to the bottom.

[Edited at 2008-01-28 20:40]

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Download the full installer, not the update Jan 28, 2008

Ypu've obviously downloaded just the update.
What you need is the full installer - go to your account, select "Latest product updates" and then scroll a little bit down, below the "Archived product updtaes", where you see your corresponding software version. Click on the plus (+) sign beside it and then chose the full installer you need.

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, that was it Jan 29, 2008

Ypu've obviously downloaded just the update.

The service pack is intended for 444 build. So in my case (this may be useful for all in the same situation):

1) download 444 installation
2) reorganise your term bases (*)
3) deinstall the old version
4) install 444
5) download the service
6) run the service pack

*: I did not (!) reorganise, but had no problem using the term bases. I would assume, however, that this step is crucial in cases of older versions.

Thank you, Jerzy!

Vito

[Edited at 2008-01-29 22:27]

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
I still don't understand... Jan 29, 2008

why don't you download the installer for build 448 instead of the installer for build 444?
When you download the installer with build 448, you will just need to do everything once... Not to install and patch the installation afterwards, but just install the latest build in one operation.

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I did it my way... Jan 30, 2008

why don't you download the installer for build 448 instead of the installer for build 444?

The naming (in the download area for instance) could be clearer. What is a dumb user like me (working in a software factory, selling - and releasing - software used worldwide) supposed to do with tags like "7.5.0.444 - (build 448)"?

Well, the answer is simple - depends on somebody else's help, like yours (g). Evidently I did download and install the latest version that includes the service pack. On top of that I downloaded the service pack and let it run - it just burped and finished with a clear message "everything is dandy".

So, it looks like I am riding the latest train - after having an accident or two with the initial Vista-enabled releases.

Regards and thanks again

Vito

André Stryger
Local time: 21:59
English to Norwegian
Can't find SDL MultiTerm 2007 Desktop.msi Jan 30, 2008

I have build 444 and am trying to install service pack 1 but the installer says it can't find SDL MultiTerm 2007 Desktop.msi. Why's it doing that?

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
This is because you most probably deleted the installation files Jan 31, 2008

from the previous version or located them in a non standard folder.
You can either search for that .msi in your PC or start the installation process of the previous version, letting the installer decompress files in standard location and than stoping the installation. After that your patch should work normally.

J.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm 2007 desktop SP1 update gives me an error

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs