Thread poster: Nora Diaz

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 15:27
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 31, 2008

Can xml files be translated in SDLX? If so, where, how? When I open SDLX, xml files don't appear in the list of translatable files.

Thanks!

Nora

Direct link Reply with quote

Kathi Stock  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:27
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Sure you can Jan 31, 2008

Open SDLX. Click on the Project tab and select Import files into a new project. A list of document types opens...scroll down to select xlm files and continue to import the files into a new project.

Hope that helps.

Kathi

Mexico
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Is there something like tag settings? Jan 31, 2008

Thanks, Kathi,

I managed to open the file (create an ITD), but now all I see is a red vertical line where each translation unit should be. When I opened this file in TagEditor I had to create a new tag settings file, as it has this unusual structure. Is there something similar I can do in SDLX (I'm using SDLX 2007) to properly see the contents of the file?

Thanks again,

Nora

Mexico
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I had to create an XML filter first Jan 31, 2008

Hi Kathi,

Thanks again for your help. I finally figured out what I was missing: when selecting the xml file type, I didn't have an XML filter and that was causing the file to fail to open correctly.

I created the XML filter/analysis file using my file, imported the XML file into a project, and everything is working.

I'm happy that I won't have to deal with all the tags in TagEditor!

: )

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLX and xml files

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs