Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 08:12
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 31, 2008

Can xml files be translated in SDLX? If so, where, how? When I open SDLX, xml files don't appear in the list of translatable files.

Thanks!

Nora

Kathi Stock
Kathi Stock  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:12
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Sure you can Jan 31, 2008

Open SDLX. Click on the Project tab and select Import files into a new project. A list of document types opens...scroll down to select xlm files and continue to import the files into a new project.

Hope that helps.

Kathi

Nora Diaz
Mexico
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Is there something like tag settings? Jan 31, 2008

Thanks, Kathi,

I managed to open the file (create an ITD), but now all I see is a red vertical line where each translation unit should be. When I opened this file in TagEditor I had to create a new tag settings file, as it has this unusual structure. Is there something similar I can do in SDLX (I'm using SDLX 2007) to properly see the contents of the file?

Thanks again,

Nora

Nora Diaz
Mexico
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I had to create an XML filter first Jan 31, 2008

Hi Kathi,

Thanks again for your help. I finally figured out what I was missing: when selecting the xml file type, I didn't have an XML filter and that was causing the file to fail to open correctly.

I created the XML filter/analysis file using my file, imported the XML file into a project, and everything is working.

I'm happy that I won't have to deal with all the tags in TagEditor!

: )

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLX and xml files

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »