Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 14:58
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 31, 2008

Hello,

I've been experimenting with creating an XML filter to work on XML files in SDLX 2007.

I've managed to get to the point where I can see the source text properly segmented in the left column, but the target column is empty.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

Nora

Direct link Reply with quote

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 14:58
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Figured it out Jan 31, 2008

In case this helps someone: the empty target column appeared when trying to open a New Translation from within SDL Edit.

The problem was solved by creating a new project in the main SDLX screen and importing the XML files.

Alternatively, with the newly created file open in SDL Edit, applying a TM takes care of the problem.

[Edited at 2008-01-31 23:44]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLX 2007: XML filter - source column ok, target column empty

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs