Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 01:20
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 31, 2008

Hello,

I've been experimenting with creating an XML filter to work on XML files in SDLX 2007.

I've managed to get to the point where I can see the source text properly segmented in the left column, but the target column is empty.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

Nora

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 01:20
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Figured it out Jan 31, 2008

In case this helps someone: the empty target column appeared when trying to open a New Translation from within SDL Edit.

The problem was solved by creating a new project in the main SDLX screen and importing the XML files.

Alternatively, with the newly created file open in SDL Edit, applying a TM takes care of the problem.

[Edited at 2008-01-31 23:44]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLX 2007: XML filter - source column ok, target column empty

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »