Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 06:37
English to Czech
+ ...
Feb 5, 2008

Dear all,
I am getting desperate about cleaning TTX files. After Jerzy had helped me with one problem, another occured:
When I'm trying to clean up a TTX file (the original is INX), the following message occurs:

(-2147467259): Unexpected Tag
'contentflow id="u4394"' has been encountered at Controls
'normalspreads',
'contentflow id="u286f"'.

This message seems to have nothing to do with tags as these ale perfectly OK. Any solution, PLEASE?

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
That usually means... Feb 5, 2008

...the .ttx file was created on a computer other than the one where you're trying to clean it.

If you received the file in .ttx format, it may be up to your client to do the cleaning.

Otherwise, the only advice I can give is to check the knowledge base which for some obscure reason has moved from a publicly accessible area into your My Account areaMy Account area (login required).

HTH,
Benjamin
Collapse

Stanislav Pokorny
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Unfortunately not the case Feb 6, 2008

Hi Benjamin,
thanks a lot for your kind reply. Unfortunately, the TTX-file was created on the same computer on which I was trying to clean it up.
The customer simply delivered .indd and .inx files, I created the TTX and wanted to clean it up. One file was OK, the second one complete nightmare.
I've given up any efforts and rewritten the entire translation in InDesign, which has been nightmare No. 2.

As for the Knowledge Base, this was of course the first place I se
... See more
Hi Benjamin,
thanks a lot for your kind reply. Unfortunately, the TTX-file was created on the same computer on which I was trying to clean it up.
The customer simply delivered .indd and .inx files, I created the TTX and wanted to clean it up. One file was OK, the second one complete nightmare.
I've given up any efforts and rewritten the entire translation in InDesign, which has been nightmare No. 2.

As for the Knowledge Base, this was of course the first place I search for answers. Unfortunately again, this "new" Knowledge Base does not contain half so much information as the old one. I'm getting the feeling that SDL is working harder and harder on giving freelance translators (who mostly do not pay for technical support) really a tough time.

SDL starts behaving as a real market leader: strong, self-assured and arrogant.

Thank you for your help anyway!)

[Upraveno: 2008-02-06 08:56]
Collapse

Jan Sundström
Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
Versions, versions, versions! Feb 7, 2008

Stanislav Pokorny wrote:

Hi Benjamin,
The customer simply delivered .indd and .inx files, I created the TTX and wanted to clean it up.

Like is says when you post a question to the forum: specify version and build of all software involved.
Ergo:
what version and build of Trados are you running?
what version of Indesign were the INX created with?
what OS are you on?

All these facts will give leads to what went wrong.

My guesses:
1. The client use CS3, and your Trados version doesn't support it!
2. The client use CS2, and your Trados version doesn't support it?

/Jan

Stanislav Pokorny
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Versions: Feb 7, 2008

Hi Jan,
versions should not be the problem. I'm using:
Trados 2007 (build 835)
InDesign CS2
WinXP Home SP2.
Thanks for considerations.

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Did your remove any text between tags? Feb 7, 2008

Ie there was something like that <tagtext>written</tagtext> <tagtext>text</tagtext> and in your translation it reads <tagtext></tagwritten text> <tagtext>text</tagtext>?
When something like that happens, the filter is not able to recreate inx and gives you a similat error to what you get - exactly what happened to me. Trados support has saved the inx for me and gave me the explanation above. And you know what? It is exactly as they say - yest
... See more
Ie there was something like that <tagtext>written</tagtext> <tagtext>text</tagtext> and in your translation it reads <tagtext></tagwritten text> <tagtext>text</tagtext>?
When something like that happens, the filter is not able to recreate inx and gives you a similat error to what you get - exactly what happened to me. Trados support has saved the inx for me and gave me the explanation above. And you know what? It is exactly as they say - yesterday I've been working on a strange doc file (export from Interleaf, previously rtf, than saved as doc by me, opened in Tageditor). The file was heavily tagged and some sentences where broken down by paragraph marks and a lot of tags. So what I did was cut and paste the sentences together, letting the tags "touch" each other. And I was not able to save as doc afterwards. I had to retranslate the file (ContextTM to my luck) and just correct manualy all broken sentecnes, but now leaving a space between tags - and it worked.

Maybe this can help you a bit
Jerzy
Collapse

Stanislav Pokorny
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Will see Feb 7, 2008

Hi Jerzy,
I'll definitely have a look and see. Your explanation sounds logical to me. Although I'm extremely careful about tags and spaces around them, at this point I can't tell there is no missing text between tags (although there shouldn't be any).
I've resolved this problem having rewritten everything directly in InDesign as there was no more time left.

Thank you very much. You've been very helpful (as usual)....
See more
Hi Jerzy,
I'll definitely have a look and see. Your explanation sounds logical to me. Although I'm extremely careful about tags and spaces around them, at this point I can't tell there is no missing text between tags (although there shouldn't be any).
I've resolved this problem having rewritten everything directly in InDesign as there was no more time left.

Thank you very much. You've been very helpful (as usual).

[Upraveno: 2008-02-07 13:50]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

(-2147467259): Unexpected Tag while cleaning TTX -> INX

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »