krtko
China
Local time: 11:01
English to Croatian
+ ...
Feb 7, 2008

Hello,

I have a Trados 6.5 Freelance edition. My problem is following:

I am translating a doc. document which has a couple of Excel tables in itself. Now, should I extract them and open them in TagEditor and turn them back to doc. document, or is there a more simpler solution to his one.
I am in a bit of a hurry.

Thanks in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

ahmadwadan.com  Identity Verified
Kuwait
Local time: 06:01
English to Arabic
+ ...
TagEditor Feb 7, 2008

I recommend using TagEditor.

HTH
Kind regards

Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 05:01
English to Swedish
+ ...
Open the entire file in TE?! Feb 7, 2008

krtko wrote:

Hello,

I have a Trados 6.5 Freelance edition. My problem is following:

I am translating a doc. document which has a couple of Excel tables in itself. Now, should I extract them and open them in TagEditor and turn them back to doc. document, or is there a more simpler solution to his one.
I am in a bit of a hurry.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Krtko,

Did you try opening the entire Doc in TE? Does the excel content show up in the TTX or not? That would be the most simple solution, but I don't remember if 6.5 supports embedded Office objects.

I recall another discussion here on the forum, where Antonin pointed out that Star Transit has excellent support for these embedded objects. Maybe of little help for you, unless you happen to have Transit (or a friend who does?!).

/Jan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Excel table in a Word document

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs