TRADOS 7 - Outdated document template
Thread poster: Yv
Yv
Local time: 03:04
Dutch to French
+ ...
Feb 7, 2008

Hi,
I've just installed Trados 7 without any problem.
I'm working under Windows Xp and Word 2003.
I can open a TM but, when I try to open a translation unit in Word with Workbench 7, I receive the following message "Outdated document template - use current version".
I only have this problem with Word as I can work in Tag Editor with Trados 7, for example.
Do you have any solution ?
Thx
Yves

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
look for different trados*.dot files on your system Feb 7, 2008

It is quite probable that the one, word is using, is not compatible with the TWB version you have just installed (that would expect trados7.dot or possibly even trados8.dot).

Go then to word/tools/templates and addins (I hope this is correct, I have the German version in front of me) and make sure that Word uses the correct trados?.dot file.

regards

Vito

Yv
Dutch to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thx Feb 8, 2008

Thank your very much.

I installed the new version in parallel with the old one and Word used the trados5.dot file.
The new version now runs perfectly.
Thx so much.
Yves

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS 7 - Outdated document template

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums