Mobile menu

How to print out Multiterm glossary
Thread poster: MMcHugh
MMcHugh
Local time: 15:01
English to Polish
+ ...
Feb 8, 2008

I took part in short Trados training session last year and the trainer mentioned that it was possible to print out (e.g. for a client) terminology collected in a Multiterm glossary. The trainer said that the print out could be done as a bilingual glossary or in any other chosen format. Unfortunately, I did not manage to ask precisely how this can be done and I was hoping that my Trados manual would have the required information about how to do it. I was wrong here (not the first time).

Please does anyone of you know how to proceed?
M.

Direct link Reply with quote

Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:01
German to French
+ ...
No icon ? Feb 8, 2008

Hi,

You should normally have a "print" icon in your MultiTerm toolbar, on the right upper corner - that is, I think, if you're using MultiTerm iX or above...
Hope that helps ?

Regards,
Anne

MMcHugh
Local time: 15:01
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Clicking the print icon allows to print only the current entry Feb 8, 2008

What I need is being able to print the whole of the glossary in a list of terms in both languages or otherwise.

Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
Termbase menu Feb 8, 2008

There's an export option in the Termbase menu (Ctrl+Shift+E).

Three of the export definitions available are:

HTML export definition - exports source and target terms to a HTML table format, sorting them by source language.

Word Dictionary export definition - exports entries to Word RTF format with a two-column dictionary type layout. Use this export definition to produce print dictionaries.

Tab-delimited export definition - exports all entries to a tab-delimited text format that can be opened by other spreadsheet programs or database systems. Note that this export definition should only be used to export content from termbases in which all entries have the same structure.

The Word Dictionary export definition is probably the one you want.

HTH

Giles

[Edited at 2008-02-08 16:34]

Anna Sylvia Villegas Carvallo
Mexico
Local time: 09:01
English to Spanish
This is what I do... Feb 8, 2008

Open MS Word. Open your MultiTerm glossary.

On MS Word Menu, go to "INSERT", click on "MultiTerm Table", choose the number of columns you want, and click on Accept. A table of your whole glossary will appear on the Word screen.

Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
If you're working in Word... Feb 8, 2008

... you can use the "Batch print" option of the MultiTerm menu, or the corresponding button on Word's MultiTerm toolbar.

You don't need to open MultiTerm. All you do is select the termbase you want to print (with Ctrl+Shift+O, or the MultiTerm menu item, or the leftmost icon on Word's MultiTerm toolbar).

The info is on page 14-13 ff of the SDL MultiTerm 2007 User Guide.

Cheers,

Giles

[Edited at 2008-02-09 08:54]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to print out Multiterm glossary

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs