Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 23:56
English to Czech
+ ...
Feb 8, 2008

Hi there,
recently, I've posted two questions concerning errors during the TTX -> INX cleanup process.
Now I've resolved the problem, although not fully in Trados.

I've downloaded and installed the free freelance version of Across and installed it. Then, I exported my TM from the TTX translation and imported it into Across. I had then Across auto-translate the original INX file and - IT WORKED! No tag issues, no problems. It's simply working.

Although quite
... See more
Hi there,
recently, I've posted two questions concerning errors during the TTX -> INX cleanup process.
Now I've resolved the problem, although not fully in Trados.

I've downloaded and installed the free freelance version of Across and installed it. Then, I exported my TM from the TTX translation and imported it into Across. I had then Across auto-translate the original INX file and - IT WORKED! No tag issues, no problems. It's simply working.

Although quite complicated, Across seems to be a very good choice, also for its complexity and the number of features it offers.

Just for info.

[Upraveno: 2008-02-08 21:49]
Collapse

jens wencker
jens wencker  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:56
English
+ ...
Using Across Feb 13, 2008

Hello Stanislav,

Interesting solution!

I am wondering if you happened to translate some documents with the across "crossdesk". If yes maybe you can tell me your experience. I downloaded the software and I try to figure out if our company should go ahead and purchase this program. For me it looks like the catalyst surface. If across works with all file formats such as Framemaker, InDesign, Quark, etc, that would be great. No import and export of text files anymore.... See more
Hello Stanislav,

Interesting solution!

I am wondering if you happened to translate some documents with the across "crossdesk". If yes maybe you can tell me your experience. I downloaded the software and I try to figure out if our company should go ahead and purchase this program. For me it looks like the catalyst surface. If across works with all file formats such as Framemaker, InDesign, Quark, etc, that would be great. No import and export of text files anymore.

The question is, is it convenient enough for translators.

Thanks,
Jens
Collapse

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 23:56
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Just making the first steps Feb 13, 2008

Hi Jens,
I haven't used across seriously so far, seriously meaning "to translate a project". I'm just making the first steps but across seems to be quite a powerful and reliable suite, because things I've done so far have always worked. However, a thorough training would be quite an advantage taking the number of different features and also a bit different concept (SQL server) into account.

If you are an agency, I don't think your "to buy or not to buy across" decision should
... See more
Hi Jens,
I haven't used across seriously so far, seriously meaning "to translate a project". I'm just making the first steps but across seems to be quite a powerful and reliable suite, because things I've done so far have always worked. However, a thorough training would be quite an advantage taking the number of different features and also a bit different concept (SQL server) into account.

If you are an agency, I don't think your "to buy or not to buy across" decision should be based solely on conveniency for translators, although it is nice you make concerns about them. Your questions should be as follows:
1) Do we need a client-server architecture? What advantages will it bring to us?
2) Do our clients really care about what tools we use, or do they just want us to use "some" CAT tools to reduce costs on repetitions and fuzzy matches?

Unfortunately, I have so little time these days I can't really have a better look at across. But if there is something I could answer, please feel free to ask.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TTX -> INX cleanup error: latest update

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »