Multiterm closes immediately when I try to open it
Thread poster: Astrid Elke Witte

Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:21
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Feb 11, 2008

Yesterday evening my computer crashed out, in protest at the quantity of work and long hours that it had to put in recently. Since then Multiterm seems to be corrupt in some way, and I have no idea how to fix it.

If I try to open it, it opens up, with everything faded out, and there is a message in a box, telling me (in German, of course) that it does not work any more and I will be notified when there is a solution. Then it closes.

It works, however, as far as connecting to the termbases to Translator's Workbench is concerned. All the words in my termbases are highlighted, and I can pop them in to my translation. I just cannot open Multiterm any more to add any words.

Anyone know anything about this problem?

Oh, as for versions, Translator's Workbench is Version 8.0, and Multiterm will be the same, matching one.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm closes immediately when I try to open it

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs