Thread poster: Vito Smolej

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 23:01
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Feb 11, 2008

MultiTerm (7.5.0.444 - build 448) refuses its services for TWB 8.2.0.835 (Build 835) - when I try in TWB to activate MultiTerm 7 in the Terminology Provider dropdown box, TWB reports an error and does nothing. No connection.

Is there something I am missing here - like one more version of MultiTerm, numbered 8?! That's at least what my license file is trying to tell me...

TiA

Vito

it's that ERROR (-2147467259): unspecified error and I will go to our translationzone watering hole (sigh) to get yet another patch

[Edited at 2008-02-11 23:25]

SP2_835_Patch (of 22nd Jan) makes no difference.

[Edited at 2008-02-11 23:44]

Direct link Reply with quote

Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 23:01
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
MultiTerm does not refuse its services anymore;) Feb 16, 2008

I did the following:
i) checked that my XP was up-to-date (C't mag offline updater is a genuine advantage Plus in this case - http://www.heise.de/ct/projekte/offlineupdate/ - once you download, you can update your system in 24 languages, anything between windows 2000 and Vista) . It did not find anything (!), so

... - I was up-to-date (huh? cant be XP then ...)

ii) checked that my office 2003 was up-to-date (same method - and C't could not find more than I already had - i.e. SP3) - same thing ...

... - I was up-to-date too (huh!? darn, so it's not office either...)

iii) I deinstalled MultiTerm and reinstalled MultiTerm 2007 SP1

....now it works ...

A look into the hind mirror: the error -2147467259 that hung over my head, goes deep deep into the XP entrails and is not at all specific to Trados (google for it). I am pretty sure it has something to do with inter-process communication (Java, ISS, asp corner ...). I have an inkling I may have involontarily succeeded to interfere with ISScript. But I dont care.

Looks like iii would do the trick right away...

I making myself an image of my machine.

Regards and hih

smo

[Edited at 2008-02-16 12:20]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm refuses services in TWB

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs