Tag Issues in all Word files (SDL Trados 2006 Freelance + MS Word 2003)
Thread poster: Audrey Glotin
Audrey Glotin
Local time: 20:56
English to French
+ ...
Feb 14, 2008

Hi Everyone,

I don't know if I post in the right place; I've been looking through the forum to find if my issue had already been posted but couldn't find anything.
PLease do not hesitate to redirect my post as I am new to all this.

I have bought SDL Trados 2006 Freelance and since I started translating MS Word 2003 files with the Workbench, I keep having problems.
When I run my TM through the file using the Open/Get/Close... button, the Workbench would stop at a segment, it would still open it but then I cannot close it. It displays the same error message as you had: error: The

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Don't use tags in forum postings Feb 14, 2008

Hi Audrey,
Your posting was truncated because you used tags; these are misinterpreted by the forum software. Here it is in full:

Audrey Glotin wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I don't know if I post in the right place; I've been looking through the forum to find if my issue had already been posted but couldn't find anything.
PLease do not hesitate to redirect my post as I am new to all this.

I have bought SDL Trados 2006 Freelance and since I started translating MS Word 2003 files with the Workbench, I keep having problems.
When I run my TM through the file using the Open/Get/Close... button, the Workbench would stop at a segment, it would still open it but then I cannot close it. It displays the same error message as you had: error: The (tag deleted) mark for ending a translation unit is missing or damaged.
All I can do is "Fix document" but although this (sometimes) closes my segment, I am unable to open any of the other segments within the same paragraph.

The weirdest part of all this is that when I reopen my file the next day, the same paragraph might work but there will systematically be another problem on another segment/paragraph.

After I tried to reinstall everything and to take the source file to start over again, I have tried to send my TM and my file to a collegue who has the same version of the tool and she was able to run the TM and clean my file without any problem but when I tried myself after, it blocked again at some point.

Would anyone have a solution?

Sorry for my long post, I hope my explanations are clear enough.

Thanks in advance for your help
Audrey

Audrey Glotin
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tag Issues... Feb 14, 2008

Thanks Ralf, I'll bear that in mind

Audrey Glotin
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tag Issues in all Word files (SDL Trados 2006 Freelance + MS Word 2003) Mar 11, 2008

Before I completely regret my purchase, I have done a few tests myself and just so everyone knows the issue seems to be due to the "active tag" check box in the Option feature of the Tools menu in Word.
In case someone was trying hard to help me

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag Issues in all Word files (SDL Trados 2006 Freelance + MS Word 2003)

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of ProZ.com
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs