Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Trados Toolbar in Office Pro 2007 Word?
Thread poster: ROCHA-ROBINSON
Anonymouse53563
Anonymouse53563
Portuguese
Trados 7 / 8 toolbar stuff Jun 10, 2008

The original question was asking about the Trados7 toolbar not working in Office 2007. The quick answer is "don't expect it to do so". If you manage to get it to work a bit, but not fully, don't ask them about it, cos it wasn't designed to do so, and they ain't gonna fix it.

SDL Trados 2007 (Trados 8) is designed to have a ribbon (that's M$'s silly term for the new stupid looking toolbar) for Office 2007 and that does work. The SP2 version actually works faster than the earlier ones
... See more
The original question was asking about the Trados7 toolbar not working in Office 2007. The quick answer is "don't expect it to do so". If you manage to get it to work a bit, but not fully, don't ask them about it, cos it wasn't designed to do so, and they ain't gonna fix it.

SDL Trados 2007 (Trados 8) is designed to have a ribbon (that's M$'s silly term for the new stupid looking toolbar) for Office 2007 and that does work. The SP2 version actually works faster than the earlier ones, so get that version installed instead.
Collapse

ckatsidonis
ckatsidonis  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 18:13
English to French
+ ...
SDL Trados Toolbar disappears in Word 2007 Jun 2, 2009

Just in case this comes in handy to anyone, here's a link to a page that allowed me to reactivate the SDL Trados (2007) toolbar after a crash of Word 2007:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms268871.aspx

Cheers,

Charalambos

Michael Harris
Michael Harris  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:13
Member (2006)
German to English
Quite easy Jun 3, 2009

Hi Steven,

not sure if you have already solved everything.
It is quite easy.
Open word 2007, go to word options.
Go to add ins
pull-down menu administration.
and just activate trados8.dotm.

I have not had to push any files around and it works perfectly with me.

WHen everything is closed, you will have a sepapare menu at the top bar in Word itself, the same as in Word 2003.

Hoped to have helped.

Michae
... See more
Hi Steven,

not sure if you have already solved everything.
It is quite easy.
Open word 2007, go to word options.
Go to add ins
pull-down menu administration.
and just activate trados8.dotm.

I have not had to push any files around and it works perfectly with me.

WHen everything is closed, you will have a sepapare menu at the top bar in Word itself, the same as in Word 2003.

Hoped to have helped.

Michael
Collapse

Thomas Groendal
Thomas Groendal  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:13
Japanese to English
Trados toolbar in Word 2007 Aug 26, 2009

For whatever reason, the macros associated with Trados were denied permission in mine and the toolbar was non-existent. I found the Trados8.docm file, double clicked it, gave it permission and all was well again.
Good luck.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Toolbar in Office Pro 2007 Word?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »