Mobile menu

Trados Keyboard Shortcuts
Thread poster: Bruno Magne

Bruno Magne  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:40
English to French
+ ...
Feb 17, 2008

My keaboard shortcuts are not functioning. I'd appreciate if someone could tell me how I can reactivate them.

I use Windows XP and Office XP, SDLX Trados Free-lance 2007

Thanks in advance

Direct link Reply with quote
Suzanne Blangsted  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:40
Danish to English
+ ...
short-cut keys Feb 17, 2008

The short-cut keys don't work if your key for numeric lock is ON. You need to turn the Numeric Lock OMy answer is from "Translator's Workbench Training for Translators".

To Jerzy,

I ran into the problem with whort-cut keys as was the questin here. and I found the answer to my dilemma in paragraph 13 of the training manual.

Short and simple.

[Edited at 2008-02-17 22:28]

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:40
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Why this? Feb 17, 2008

The short-cut keys don't work if your key for numeric lock is ON. You need to turn the Numeric Lock OFF to use them.

I have never encountered this behaviour on any PC I ever tried to use. You can keep the num-pad on and still use the plus and asterisk key from there.
Maybe you are mixing up something with laptop and PC?

As for not working shortcuts, just try to recreate the in Word startup folder from SDL Trados installation folder.
Other possibility is, that your got corrupted.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Keyboard Shortcuts

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs