Mobile menu

Using SDL Trados 2007 in Vista + Office 2000/2003?
Thread poster: Andrew Levine

Andrew Levine  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:39
Member (2007)
French to English
+ ...
Feb 18, 2008

Hello. I am looking at getting a new laptop which has Vista pre-installed. This choice of OS appears to be non-negotiable with the manufacturer I am dealing with.

My question is, who has experience using Trados 2007 (Freelance) on Windows Vista in conjunction with Word 2000 or 2003? I know that Trados still has problems with Office 2007 (I have seen this myself) but I am wondering if an earlier version of Word combined with the present version of Vista might have problems as well.

Any experience with this environment that you may have would be appreciated if shared: Whether it works fine for you, or whether you have had problems using Trados 2007 in Vista with Word 2000/2003 (and please describe them if you have).

Thanks in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Aniza  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:39
Partial member (2007)
English to Malay
+ ...
It does work Feb 18, 2008

Hi Andrew,

Just sharing.. can't say much cos I'm also quite new with Trados. But I did use Trados 7 with Word 2003 on Windows Vista. It works just fine.

I recently upgraded to SDL Trados 2007, Freelance.. the offer was good, so I just had to grab,

Hope it helps.

Åsa Campbell  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:09
English to Swedish
Works for me Feb 18, 2008

I use Vista home professional with Trados 2007 Freelance (SP2) and Office 2003 without any problems.

Dr Duck
Local time: 21:39
English to Swedish
Works fine with TagEditor Feb 18, 2008

The combination works fine for me. But I never use Word, just TagEditor for all kinds of files.
So why use Word?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Using SDL Trados 2007 in Vista + Office 2000/2003?

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs