Using SDL Trados 2007 in Vista + Office 2000/2003?
Thread poster: Andrew Levine
Andrew Levine
Andrew Levine  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:05
Member (2007)
French to English
+ ...
Feb 18, 2008

Hello. I am looking at getting a new laptop which has Vista pre-installed. This choice of OS appears to be non-negotiable with the manufacturer I am dealing with.

My question is, who has experience using Trados 2007 (Freelance) on Windows Vista in conjunction with Word 2000 or 2003? I know that Trados still has problems with Office 2007 (I have seen this myself) but I am wondering if an earlier version of Word combined with the present version of Vista might have problems as well.... See more
Hello. I am looking at getting a new laptop which has Vista pre-installed. This choice of OS appears to be non-negotiable with the manufacturer I am dealing with.

My question is, who has experience using Trados 2007 (Freelance) on Windows Vista in conjunction with Word 2000 or 2003? I know that Trados still has problems with Office 2007 (I have seen this myself) but I am wondering if an earlier version of Word combined with the present version of Vista might have problems as well.

Any experience with this environment that you may have would be appreciated if shared: Whether it works fine for you, or whether you have had problems using Trados 2007 in Vista with Word 2000/2003 (and please describe them if you have).

Thanks in advance.
Collapse

Aniza Borhan
Aniza Borhan  Identity Verified
Malaysia
Local time: 15:05
Member (2007)
English to Malay
+ ...
It does work Feb 18, 2008

Hi Andrew,

Just sharing.. can't say much cos I'm also quite new with Trados. But I did use Trados 7 with Word 2003 on Windows Vista. It works just fine.

I recently upgraded to SDL Trados 2007, Freelance.. the offer was good, so I just had to grab,

Hope it helps.

Åsa Campbell
Åsa Campbell  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 16:35
English to Swedish
Works for me Feb 18, 2008

I use Vista home professional with Trados 2007 Freelance (SP2) and Office 2003 without any problems.

Åsa

Dr Duck
Dr Duck
Local time: 09:05
English to Swedish
Works fine with TagEditor Feb 18, 2008

Hi
The combination works fine for me. But I never use Word, just TagEditor for all kinds of files.
So why use Word?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Using SDL Trados 2007 in Vista + Office 2000/2003?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »