Mobile menu

Unglue export of target language
Thread poster: xxxAchimT
Feb 19, 2008

Dear colleagues,

in a recent project I glued a couple of already translated ttx files (originally made from html) files into a master file. Then a couple of modifications were made to the translations in the master file.

When unglueing the master file, I was unable to obtain the target language in the resulting ttx or html files. Depending on the options I chose, I got either files where the source text was in both source and target segments, or one where there was only the source language.

New files were clearly created, though, as could be seen based on the file dates.

Opening the master file in Tag Editor and saving the target from there worked, I obtained a big html file in the target language with all the other html files in.

I really can not figure out what I was doing wrong. Could anyone help me with this?

Thanks a lot in advance for all comments

Direct link Reply with quote

tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 05:18
+ ...
It's a known bug Feb 19, 2008

You'll need to unglue the files and then change the SourceDocumentPath setting in their file headers from "something.html.ttx" to "something.html". Use a grep utility or a multi-document-capable editor such as EditPad for this.

After that, you can clean the files and target-only HTMLs will be generated. Alternatively, cleaning up the unglued files without the modification explained above will give you files that are named "something.html.ttx" but are in fact .html files - you can just rename them accordingly.

I hope that's the answer you were looking for. If not, please elaborate so we can help you figure out what's wrong with your files.

I'll try this asap Feb 19, 2008

Dear Benjamin,

thanks a lot. I'll try this asap (probably tomorrow) and will report back!

Until then, thanks again!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unglue export of target language

Advanced search

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wake up in the Morning and see that you have sold TMs and made Money overnight

The TM Market Place for Translators
New: Our Instant TM Download
TM owners: Upload your TMs into the online database
Customers: Analyse your text & instantly download a text-specific TM
Well over 1.2 BILLION translation units

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

All of
  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs